Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Advice please
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 pm 

About roughly 10 months ago when I was trying to go to sleep I found myself starting to panic. My lungs seemed to get heavy as if they were being filled with some sort of gas and from there I started to feel electricity surging up and down my spine and spreading through my whole body. I thought I was going to die. Not knowing what was happening I struggled against it the best I could by trying to control my breathing and remaining calm. Eventually it felt as if I could control it and soon it passed. Exhausted I soon fell asleep.

I only had one dream that night and it felt so real I thought it was. I was walking down a road surrounded on each side by water. Soon I reached a clearing in the middle of the woods. I looked to my left and attached to a tree was some kind of animal skin bag with voices coming from it. I continued on and there was some sort of wall with a ladder. I climbed up the ladder and as I reached the top a man with a face shape resembling my own, but with two black circles painted around his eyes and wearing what looked like tribal necklaces/clothes (my memory is hazy on that part as I was looking at his face) he came closer towards my face and pulled out what appeared to be a pipe like thing that I knew somehow symbolized a jaguar, and he put it too my mouth and blew into it and I awoke.

That morning I told my mother and sister about the experience and they looked it up on the internet and said that it was a shamanic dream. I tried to fight it for a long time but know I find myself being drawn to shamanism. If anyone has had anything similar to this or has any insight about this, your thoughts are very much appreciated. Also I would like to know how to start practicing shamanism and where a good place to start would be.

thanks in advance,
Alexander

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 pm 

welcome to this forum. You will find much helpful information in and around here, as well as very kind followers of the Path. Use the search section to find specifics, and read all the posts. Join in the discussions, and enjoy your time here!

Post subject: Entrance into a new world
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 am 

Hi Alexander,
Welcome to the invisible world of shamanism. Your family is very supportive and you are lucky to have them.
The road you dreamed about is your path in life. We are surrended with symbolism and the path of shamanism, now open to you, is to understand symbols and use them for the profit of Humanity.
How to start practicing shamanism and where would be a good place to start would be is indeed the right question to ask.
You already started practicing. Events will occur in the next few days to guide you along the way.
See you,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 am 

Hi Alexander!

What a wonderful dream! The shamanic path can open especially powerfully via a death/rebirth experience such as the one you describe. Looks like you have aleady been given a spirit guide and a power animal to assist your forward journey. The resources of your old self/old life will always be there as well as the unfolding resources of your new one. Integrating the two and keeping yourself well-grounded in the earthly life may be important to your safe and successful soul's journey in the coming months.

I would like to recommend this old posting of mine on the topic of "Ego Death"...
"Come to the Edge and Fly!"

What has brought you this far will, I feel sure, carry you further. As mentioned above ther eare rich resources and connections in this portal site. You might also like to cast your eye over the list of topics in this shamanism directory - following anything that "leaps off the page" at you, to indicate your "next step".

Congratulations on making it this far!

Michael [Mikhael]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:48 pm 

You can always take the advice of people who plagiarize or just channel the information of what to do.

OR, write me at blueplanetshaman@yahoo.com for free exercises that will get you atarted in Shamanism. I've picked up a few people from here that couldn't get any real direction so I figured I'd step up to the plate.

Feel free to visit blueplanetshaman.com for Shamanic reading.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 pm 

Hello and thank you for your responses and welcoming me to your community. Although I am still having trouble I am determined to continue down this path.

Shaman Hawk I am very interested in the exercises you mentioned and will e-mail you soon.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism