Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: THANKS BETASWIMMER
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:22 pm 

your account was brilliant, thanks betaswimmer

i could tell you how i became a shamanic practicioner, it was different to you

when i was young my family discovered that my father was a pedophile and had been offending for ten years [not on me, thank god!] but i willnot go into that because it is a different story, anyway it drove me a year later coupled with glandular fever [which lasted for two years] to discover a deeper meaning,

i became obsessed with reading philosophy, i became engrossed in a few books the tao te ching, the way of the peacefulll warrior and the alchemist [these are just a few] i read these books over and over trying to discover their meanings....until i discovered a book about gypsy shamanism, this book weakly outlined a method for entering the underworld, i combined this with my knowledge of meditation [which was also limited] to create a technique for natural ecstacy, [bassically wildness]

this after a half a year later lead me underground and through a door to a different place...there i met my dead dog and a spirit i still see there often, this was my first journey

of-course i didnt know what had happened and continued as normal until i later read a shamanic book which had a name like "the song of buffolo woman" i then realised what i had done and of course later replicated it and refined it with new "book learnt" techiniques.

and the bit inbetween doesnt matter but on a recent holiday to the wildlands of wales, i was lead by chance to this website....i am now recently turned fifteen and learning about life both through school and shamanic trip. I am not an experienced shaman i am too young to even consider a healing but i am happy and will remain that way.

StoneCrow...:lol:
thanks again for opening up Beta swimmer [/b]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:21 pm 

Thanks, but now you're inflating my already large ego. :twisted:

Its interesting you mentioned the state of ecstasy as 'wildness' to you...To explain why I find it interesting I need to explain a bit of detail about Therianthropy. The most basic feature of therians is the concept of 'shifting'. Undergoing any kind of shift in our physical, (obviously no known accounts of real physical shifting,) phantom, mental, astral, or dream bodies. The only exception of the therians is the 'con-therian', (which is where I am at now but that's an even more complicated subject to entertain.) Getting back to topic however, one of the primary ways that I 'protected' myself back when I was undergoing a lot of my 'breaking down' was through this shifting, and yes it was to me like a natural state of ecstasy.

Just an interesting correlation to me...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm 

I wrote for an hour on here to post my reply,then it just went away,I'm sorry I dont think the spirit wishes me to say at this time what is in my heart,a pleasant day to yhou all and stay safe and warm,my words are gone.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm 

Pleasant day everyone,I believe that the spirit has been trying to guide me all my life,I've read a lot of books on shamanism and native american culture,it began for me when I was a todler I guess,my mother told me that she kept hearing an owl comming from my room but when she checked it was only me there,she would check outside nothing was close,there was a creek bottom not far away so owls were abundant most of the time,well one evening when i was in the old crib she was sitting on the porch and heard an owl calling from the creek way,then she heard me talking to him,it was quite a deal for her,I could talk to a lot of animals before I could talk to people,another instance was when I sat naked on a large red ant mound,not fire ants but the bigger ones that used to be more abundant,kinda freaked everyone out,not one bite,as a teenager it was a very confusing time,I was at war with the world so to speak,not the natural world where I felt more comfortable but the human world,trying to figure out where I fit in so to speak with the way things were in the world at that time,needless to say I ended up being a habitual runaway,it would always begin with me trying to get to the mountains or virgin forest as far away from human types as i could get,I dont know how I ever made it this far without becomming someones victim,spent a lot of time hitching long distances,I believe that I was watched over very closely to have survived to this point in my life,I joined the military at one point but couldnt fit in,the psikiatrics said that I couldnt follow orders unconditionally,I would always question the reason behind what I was instructed to do,even though i was good at any job that they gave me i always had to question why,at 17 years old it set them back a bit,they gave me an honorable discharge and called it an amicable separation,lol,I tried to fit in again got married and had a couple of beautiful children,it ended badly,I spent too much time on the water either fishing the saint johns river or exploring the swamps and inner coustal waterways,bumped heads with the law a few times but nothing too seriouse,took a sacond wife bad mistake just trying to get back what I had lost the first time ,now I'm with my soulmate I believe trying to raise some teenagers,quite the distraction let me tell you,I still find that I am drawn away from people,I believe that the spirit is teaching me to be a wisdom,mainly by letting me make every mistake known to man and letting me live,I have a harder time talking to animals sincde i grew up,too much of the world coloring my perseptions and distracting me,I believe that I am in search of a mentor ,I've come to a lot of realizations that dont really jibe with the way I was raised,mainly christianity issues,I dont believe in damnation any more,I think we are loved unconditionally one and all and will be welcomed home when the time is right,we live in the garden of eden and this life is gods gift to each of us,its hard for some to believe that no matter how crappy we are and what we do we're still all going home,the only hell I know of will be the moment of realization when we see that we were killing the children of god ,each of us is Jesus,Mohammed,shiva,coyote,these arent things that I've spocken with a lot of people mainly because of the whole heretic thing and I dont want to interfere with their life gift,its theirs to walk or stumble,the spirit teaches us in many ways,knowing when to help and when to let them seek their own answers is hard,I believe the spirit is teaching me through parenting at this time,a child doesnt learn anything by being given all the answers so how can I expect any different,give advice when its needed and let them seek a solution,we're so separated from the natural world in this society it seems the more we learn the more ignorant we become sometimes,oh oh,went tangent again,please excuse a moment,in my mid forties now and letting the spirit work in me,dont know about traveling in the spirit world yet,I believe I have many spirit helpers but I dont know them,I have made manny mistakes and will make more,although these days their fewer and farther between,someti,mes its as hard to recognize a mistake for what it is,the search goes on,I help where I can and try not to hurt where it wont heal cleanly,lol,why are we here? We're here to learn enough wisdom to be the pears of the lord,instead of just being in aw of the light,terrible things happen,the world is ours,fix it,I dont believe we have dominion,we just have,the gift of life in the garden was given the four leggeds first and the birds of the air,youd think it would dawn on us to rely on their experience just a skoche,what good does it do me to know?the good is in the question not in the knowing,lolololol,shaman or wiseman I dont know,I make a lot of people uncomfortable when I speak from my heart,perhaps I am wrong about it all and am just deluded,the product of creative chemistry,as i walk through the garden this is all that is mine.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:01 pm 

Hey Anthony. Sounds like quite an adventurous life so far. If you want to learn shamanic journey let us know. Maybe we can show you a few options.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 am 

Thank you ,I would apreciate any advice I can get,I am seeking wisdom in all forms,I find that Budism is a lot like the way native americans view the world and their place in it,although I havent practiced as much as I've read,still searching for my happy medium,some things just feel like their right.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 am 

hmm um

1: i would not suggest entering a specific area of shamanism unless you find a teacher who can teach face to face.

2: look into local customs of shamanism, like where i live in wales there is the druids, the old celts,the original merlin myths [before they got warped by christians] and the bee shamans.read alot of books e,g, "the way of the shaman" and many others.

3:if no human teacher finds you in your area start looking for a spirit teacher [ i have ended up here] maybe a huge tree or a plant spirit.

4: ......do what feels right.

5: if you get to this stage think seriously about becoming a shaman, if you still want to but had trouble contacting a spirit think seriously about holding a private ceremony and taking some shamanic drugs.[ a last resort ]

well i am no expert i hope someone with more knowledge will answer but this is how i see the quest to start learning.

StoneCrow....
....i hope your wishes are answered.

this post feels quite noobie but the main point to make is to prove yourself with efforts.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism