Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: Accruing Power
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm 

Some personal insights on power....

Personal Power is not of this world, thus it cannot be described. The effects of Power are manifested in the physical world and can be delineated. Every being has attention of some degree. I see the effect of Personal Power as the ability to manifest Intent. (It also manifests as enhanced attention, but that seems to be one of several effects; the ability to dream consciously, the ability to move the awareness, the ability to see energy, and so on.)

Power does not accumulate through adding things. Power accrues through giving things up. This means that to become something more, one must give up parts of the self to allow the change. Power does not come through having more. Nothing can be added to a person that is full. Power and Freedom comes through having less! A shaman is not enlightened because he has collected a lot of ideas, information, workshops, or even experience. He is enlightened because he knows how to empty himself.

To be more specific, as one evolves toward the Source, one is no longer aware of the 'completed parts' of the self, because they have become Power. The only parts of the self that one can experience as being the self are the parts that are incomplete! Those aspects are still identified as the aspects of a separate being. Saving Power is thus the process of becoming increasingly aware of the parts of the self that are incomplete and different from the Source. Releasing these allows Personal Power to expand.

The hypocrite will pretend that he is already complete and try to live out of that pretended completeness. This keeps him outside the Source as a separate entity!

One must be aware of his 'incompleteness' and live out of that to be truly one's self. The parts that are complete are encountered as the Source. The parts that are incomplete are encountered as one's self. As self-importance and self-awareness are progressively released, the remaining ‘self’ shrinks. The Intent is to finally lose the ‘self’ within the great Web and be complete. To be truly complete is to be the Source.

Jaggg

Post subject: Re: Accruing Power
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:49 pm 

Hi Jaggg,

I agree with most of what you are saying. Reading your post reminds me of the philosophy courses I took in college!

I often see myself as the incomplete self, but one who is not searching so much for myself as living with my true self. The Source, which I call LifeConscious, provides me with the completeness that I need to use my power.

Nice insights. I enjoyed reading your post.

Heidi

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:54 am 

Despite the declaration the power is not of this world, a lot of your post suggests that It's achievement is through the mundane (giving things up rather than accumulating things still involves things.) Even power itself, if it doesn't translate into tangible results what is it? Tangible results are things.

Reality is defined by restrictions, struggling against or accepting those restrictions is what perpetuates our cycle. Power is striving against restriction.

What things will you discover about the source as you get closer to it?

It is the source of what specifically?

In many examples of science fiction and real life cults losing individuality is portrayed as a good thing, becoming one with 'x' is to be complete, whole or perfect. How do you reconcile wanting to gain power and absolving incomplete aspects known as self as goals?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:57 am 

The "Source", as I use it, is the matrix of living, infinite fibers and filaments that when coalesced become entities. This 'web' of filaments
is the "Source" of form and reclaims forms into itself for all those entities that have not learned to retain individual perspective at death.

While "things" may be tangible....., the types of "things" one needs to release are emotional attachments, beliefs, personal historical fixations, etc. These are not facets of the physical realm...., they are anchor points that lock our perception and thus lock our ability to grow in Power!

The idea that Power should necessarily translate into tangible results is part of a restrictive belief. The shaman does not seek Power/Awareness to facilitate an easier life process (for himself or others) in this physical realm. The intent should be to learn shifting between and among realms, with the ability to make a conscious shift at the time of passing. You see, living is not the great adventure..... dying is!!

My own understandings,
Jagggg

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 pm 

Appreciated, and agreed that an anchored perspective is too common and not suitable for shaman or the like.

One such perception that I sometimes challenge is the view that transcendence is a path we are trying to achieve. Why are we seperate and 'incomplete'? What is gained by becoming one with the source in part/ completely? If there is more to life than reaching the next stage what might that be? We are ultimately going to achieve that state, so until then...?

Just a few questions which arise, not as a challenge to your understandings but from considering the topic. There is always something undiscovered and I feel that shallow is the new deep.

Tangible power is defintely an important aspect of my craft, otherwise I would eat astringent bark and reduce water intake until the time comes to sit in a cave with a stone infront.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:46 am 

Hi,
Interesting response. I will converse by interjecting within your comments-

Dante A. wrote:
Appreciated, and agreed that an anchored perspective is too common and not suitable for shaman or the like.

One such perception that I sometimes challenge is the view that transcendence is a path we are trying to achieve.

Upon entering the Great Web.... the Source, one experiences totality. An aspect of that experience is the realization of Universal Intent. I will state that three-fold Intent here, but only living it out of the realization of the Source has any true validity. 1-Consume. 2-Expand. 3-Transform. Our innate desire to grow and transcend descends from this true Intent. The Source expands via our individual expansion, our individually consuming of duality/friction, and individual transformation into itself, the Great sea of Purity.

Why are we separate and 'incomplete'?

We come here to consume energy, expand our awareness/power, and transform ourselves and the life we touch into higher vibrating life. We are probes of the Source, warriors fighting to grow our Universal Sea of Purity.

What is gained by becoming one with the source in part/ completely? If there is more to life than reaching the next stage what might that be?

I can say that a realized entity becomes a vessel for transformation and healing. The "next step" occurs beyond this realm, as one begins to actually create pure life in finer realms as a realized, aware being.

We are ultimately going to achieve that state, so until then...?

Ahhhh. We are not ultimately going to achieve it! We are here now. Nothing else is guaranteed! We do it now, in this span, or we return to the Web.

Just a few questions which arise, not as a challenge to your understandings but from considering the topic. There is always something undiscovered and I feel that shallow is the new deep.

Tangible power is defintely an important aspect of my craft, otherwise I would eat astringent bark and reduce water intake until the time comes to sit in a cave with a stone infront.

While useful physical world results do occur, they are only a symptom. I do healing work, but I see it within the concept of the Universal Intent.

Jaggg

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am 

Thanks jagggwarrr, I understand your position better now, Though a discrepancy has left me confused.
jagggwarrr wrote:
Upon entering the Great Web.... the Source, one experiences totality
jagggwarrr wrote:
Ahhhh. We are not ultimately going to achieve it! We are here now. Nothing else is guaranteed! We do it now, in this span, or we return to the Web.

There are some irreconcilable difference in our realities, and I have enjoyed reading about yours. Thanks for sharing.

I do have one further question. Do you believe in time?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am 

Dante A. wrote:
Thanks jagggwarrr, I understand your position better now, Though a discrepancy has left me confused.
jagggwarrr wrote:
Upon entering the Great Web.... the Source, one experiences totality
jagggwarrr wrote:

My point here is that the achievement is not a given. It is an accomplishment that must be individually reached. Those that do not are returned to the matrix without individuality.

There are some irreconcilable difference in our realities, and I have enjoyed reading about yours. Thanks for sharing.

I do have one further question. Do you believe in time?

I experience time here. It can be experienced in all realms of form in various ways. It is not an facet of realms beyond duality, like any aspect of separation, sequence, or consequence.
Jaggg

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism