Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism

Post subject: a question of criticism.
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 pm 

Recently my older sister has been living with me and our many differences have been making us very hostile towards each other. Her constant criticism has become more scathing and I can't think of any other option than to endure. Although I would love to confront her with her own faults, I do not believe that would do more than tear us further apart. I have had to endure so much of her criticism I have almost reached the point where I lash out violently. The way things are I am unable to relax and work at home. Having her leave is completely out of the question because there is nowhere else she can go as an unemployed student. The times she is not criticizing me are when she is fighting with the rest of the family.

I need to get this matter sorted to restore peace to my family. Even now I am so stressed writing this I cannot meditate to find my own answer. Any help offered will be well respected. Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm 

And once again I have forgotten the most basic principal of almost every religion.
When criticized offer praise. I've been criticized by my sister because I have been criticizing her in though but not word. So while I may say nothing there is no difference. The problem is escalating as if I was saying it directly. Thus, once again, the good doctor feels like a total n00b.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:52 pm 

Some years ago when I was faced with a similar situation (not at home - at work), I started drumming a couple of times a week for peace and harmony within the group. I left it up to spirit to find the way to bring peace and harmony. And then, suddenly out of the blue, the trouble-maker decided to take early retirement.

Good luck. Drum for peace and harmony.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:06 am 

Considering how angry and stressed you are right now, it is very important that you reconnect with your sister. I suggest that you:

1. Every day, take a minute and think back to when you were children. Pull up the memories of playing together, wrapping gifts for her, remember her hugs.

2. Think about how you would react if you saw someone assault her.

Brothers are put on this Earth to protect and defend their sisters. It is the natural order of things.

She, and you, are the same people you were when you were young. Circumstances may have changed, but you are the same spirits you were when you weren't stressed out.

Remember, and remind yourself, that you love her.

Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:59 am 

Thank you all for your answers. After following the advice I was able to relax and focus positive energy between us. Our relationship is now working to repair.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:39 am 

That is great news!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:29 pm 

Glad to hear the news.

When you're drumming for peace and harmony within the family, take care not to single her out with your intention. First, doing so might backfire. Secondly, spirit can see ways to solve things on a larger scale than we can.

It's a very tough situation to be in. Protect yourself spiritually in every way you can, and summon up all the compassion for her pain that you can.

Good Luck

Chris

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanism