Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: What Was That?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 pm 

To make a long story short (I'll make it long if anyone needs me to), I received information, a little over a week in advance, about the recent tsunamis. This happened while I was journeying on behalf of someone else about an unrelated topic, and was an extremely scary experience (I've never before been afraid in a journey)- so much so that I actually ended the session until I got a hold of myself. The information wasn't specific, but was about tidal waves in the North -which turned out to be Northern Japan, Northern California, the Pacific Northwest, etc.

Why would I need this info? I live nowhere near the sites of any of the destruction. My feeling is that this is the sort of information a tribe would need to protect itself, and so the info still comes to someone who is in the state to receive it. It just so happens that our "tribe" has become so large that there is little that can be done with the info. In a traditional society, there would have been an elder interpreting the bits of information received by many receptive community members and action could have been taken.

That is all I could come up with. Does anyone else have ideas?

Post subject: Re: What Was That?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 pm 

Hi Alterdego

I have had much the same experience as you had. It is very distressing when it happens. Picking up advanced warning of bad stuff coming for friends and family can also occur and falls into the same general category. It is emotionally difficult and ethically challenging.

I know several very serious, very experienced shamanic practitioners like myself. Of that group, I know only three others to whom this happens. We have tried collectively and individually to make it stop but with no luck. Our spirits don't seem to be bothered as much as we are. They seem to feel that it "just goes with the territory", and that we need to "get over it." Your explanation - "keeping the tribe safe" - is probably the right one. In a certain sense, our tribe is no longer local; it is global. We have a far greater awareness than they had back in the old days. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Although I think I perhaps understand how it happens, I'm less certain about why it happens. I think it might have something to do with compassion, particularly when I get advanced warning about friends or family. As I said, it is emotionally and ethically challenging when it happens. The four of us hate it, but maybe it does just go with the territory. I sometimes think of it as a test of my integrity in doing this work, because of course, without the expressed permission of the concerned person, I can't do anything.

I hope these thoughts are helpful in some way to you. If nothing else, you're not alone in having this happen.

Chris

Post subject: Re: What Was That?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 pm 

Thank you, Chris! It's a big relief to hear from someone who has gone through similar things and who knows others who have, too! It's one thing to get warnings in a dream, but it was quite jarring to get one in a journey. The thing that had me so off-kilter in my journey in the first place was the very palpable feeling that something or someone was phsycially standing in the North. Whatever it was had energy so demanding that I had to stop what I was doing immediately and pay attention. So, I was already a little scared before the info was even given, and after it started coming I was overwhelmed. I wouldn't even go back in that room for a few hours! Now that I understand this happens to other people, maybe I'll be better equipped to handle it. I don't think I mind being able to receive this information- I was just caught off guard.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys