Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: What happened to me ?
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:47 pm 

Its coming up to 4 years since I overdosed on magic mushrooms. I was in Amsterdam with my ex girlfriend and I was a total raver and pot head, eating and smoking anything that came my way (best years of my life). So what better place for a person like me than Amsterdamn. So we went had a few joints and got some mushrooms and went back to the hostel.
I ate two boxes of the strongest mushrooms which works out to about 40-50g of wet mushrooms. Which is a hell of alot.
Anyway we skinned up and just waited for the trip, my ex started going strange saying "can u hear something" I said no I couldnt hear a thing. The noise was getting louder but we knew it was in her head. She started freaking out a little.
I was coming up and didnt feel right it was getting stronger and stronger. I remember hanging out the window trying to get some air and then waled back to the bed. When it hit me and knocked me on to the floor. My physical body started shaking and I started falling through the floor and everything around me. What was interesting was the fact that I was falling mainly from my points of where the chakras are located. From what I can remember alot of it was focused at the base of the spine.
I was crawling all along the floor with my hands just falling through the floor. My whole body was falling.
I managed to get to my feet and to the sink where I looked the mirror (very funny) then I turned into a gas. I could feel my body all around the room, like I was split up into molecules and was just floating around the room. I was still shaking through out this. My ex was going through her own bad trip and had to watch me go through this. Poor thing lol.
Anyway I thought I was going to die. I couldnt call for help or anything because I had no insurance so I had to wait it out. This carried on for about 20 mins, until I stopped shaking.

We didnt say anything for about 5 mins and where both lying on the bed when I tunred to her and asked if this was bliss?? We both burst into tears, she couldnt look me in the face because it was just to beautiful. She stood up crying her eyes out, tears rolling down my face I lay on the bed and just had the most life changing trip of my life. Am not even going to try and explain it because there is no langauge to describe it.

After that I suffered everyday a series of flashbacks. I thought I had lost my mind, this went on for about 2 years it didnt let up. Some stronger than others but still my life was never the same. I went to the doctors he said that they werent flashbacks that I was suffering from shock. Quite interesting I thought.

Now for the really interesting part.

The other day I went to counselling about it just to get another look at it. I basically said what I have just said to you. But the really interesting part was the fact that for over 3 years I thought I had a epileptic fit while on the mushrooms. She tells me that this is not possible, that I cant trip while having a epileptic fit. We went through alot of options and came to the conclusion that I did NOT have a eplileptic fit. So WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME?.

Whats interesting is the fact I was falling from the charka points mainly at the base of the spine i.e where the kundalini is based.

I have been thinking of it none stop since she told me but I cant figure it out and will prob never will but jesus I wanna know so much.

What do u think?

Post subject: healing
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:22 am 

Hi there, im relatively new to shamanism myself and am wondering did you take the mushrooms for a spiritual journey? or was it simply recreational? it sounds like you had a shamanic experience but the amount you took overloaded you. For me personally I would rather experience the shamanic journey without the drugs first because if you can do that the side effects, flashbacks wont happen. A friend of mine did a lot of drugs and experienced flashbacks for years so if I was in your position i would go see a shamanic healer get your energy body rebalanced and keep off the drugs until you are able to journey without them. Too many drugs can screw up the energy body causing people to feel spacey and unfocused in life, shamanic healing can help rebalance so you can experience life from a more grounded perspective.

Keep safe!

Kelly

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:04 pm 

Hi Kelly,

I really dont think it was a negative experience, I have done some research on the subject and its very likey that it was a kundalini experience.
I really feel that psychedelic drugs are a cataylst for human conscious. Check out food of the gods by terrence mckenna.

I would be interesting in seeing a shamanic healer, do u know a website for the uk or anything?

Post subject: shamanic healing
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm 

Hi there,

Quote:
I really feel that psychedelic drugs are a cataylst for human conscious. Check out food of the gods by terrence mckenna.

I would be interesting in seeing a shamanic healer, do u know a website for the uk or anything?

Yes I do feel some plants are wonderful for assisting in shamanic journeying and trance states, 'plant spirit shamanism' by Ross Heaven is a good book on this. For me though, I prefer to feel I can get there without them, and perhaps may try them after that, but for now its important, for me, to experience these experiences without hallucingens.

With a shamanic healer it depends where you are. I had a fantastic healing with a guy called Nick Levitt in Bath Spa his site is http://www.sacredbridge.co.uk
For other areas if you contact the sacred trust website I am sure they can let you know of those in your own area http://www.sacredtrust.co.uk

Hope this helps,

Kelly

Post subject: Reply
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:58 pm 

Did you use any other drugs before the trip like nicotine or alcohol? Could have been that you overloaded your body with drugs which disagree with one another.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:21 pm 

Yes, we must honor the plants and respect their powers; lest we get carried away by them. Sounds like you just had an intense trip, but I wouldn't "trip" about it too much. I suggest you find your grounding and take it easy on the plants.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys