Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: What happened?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:42 am 

Hello

I have recently hqd some strange experiences and I wouldn't know exactly how to call it, but it seemed like lucid dreaming... I had been reading a book called 'The shaman within us' and read a part about travelling to the lower world through a hole in the ground so I thought I might as well try it. I lay down on my bed and put a pillow over my head to keep the light away.

I then tried to imagine a place in nature, eventually it became a place I had visited in a dream before. After looking around here and noticing some details of this place I started looking for a hole in the ground. I then had an image in my head that suddenly came up in a flash, it was a small rabbit hole beneath a tree. So i started to wedge myself in and suddenly I was in a big cave leading downward. I felt the urge to take a deep breath and then started to go down, or at least I think. The cave and the path I was walking on was very vague, I kept searching for a light at the end of the cave, I crossed a small stream and then I entered the cave. Suddenly I was within a giant hall with gold and diamond all around. I saw a creature on the ground, at first it seemed like a racoon but then it quickly started to change shapes becoming bigger, smaller, vaguer, clearer etc. So I told the creature I was going to look around first before paying attention to him. I was looking around and saw a throne to the right with two golden vases next to it. There was no one in it so I decided to go sit there myself. As I was sitting there I remember thinking 'what would the king of this place do' I started noticing that by thinking about it everything became vaguer so I said to myself 'perhaps I should do nothing and everything will be going well as it is going and has gone before'. Then the ceiling started to crumble and a giant rip formed, it started to rip the ceiling open and I saw blue sky above with birds, trees and animals looking down into the newly created hole. Then there suddenly were trees in the giant hall among the gold and diamond tiles, I thought to myself 'maybe I should make stairs for these animals to come down' but decided there already was a path through the cave and this was not necessary, then I returned to the cave and started going up again, as soon as I came out of the rabbit hole, I didn't open my eyes but it felt like I opened them, I'm not sure, there was a pillow over my head to keep it dark. I felt it was as if I had been dreaming but I was quite awake..

The second journey I did a bit later that day before going to sleep, it lasted much longer then the first. I wanted to meet my power animal after reading about this. I imagined the place I was in before, imagined the rabbit hole, entered the tunnel and started going down. Going down seemed harder because it was even vaguer which direction I was going in, I didn't really see a light until after I while i noticed it, I'm not sure if it was intentionally that I saw the light or it just appeared, I remember thinking to myself 'where is this light, I can't seem to go down'. But then I imagined the stream again, crossed it and entered the same hall I was in before, it was still gold and diamond everywhere and vaguely I could remember the trees growing there before. I stood there for a second and it seemed there was nothing there, then suddendly the floor shifted 90 degrees en I was thrown into a dark nothingness, there was only a small light in the distance, I tried navigating towards it and once I was there I could make up the shape of an elephant in the light, I cemember thinking 'oh would this be the power animal' but soon it started to shift shapes and I saw tentacles hanging down, and feeling as if I was in deep sea with an octopus swimming over my head. Then I saw a big transparant raven head, which then shifted into the head of a wolf, after this it shifted into the head of a seal and finally a small mouse came running up to join what seemed to be the group of animals I'd just seen. I remeber thinking ''strange that there are so many creatures, are these all my power animals' I returned to the gold and diamond place I was before and asked 'are you here?' talking to the power animal. Then a mouse/rat came running up to me, I thought to myself 'such a small animal for someone like me?' I must admit I was hoping more for a bear or a wolf but then the mouse shifted into a house cat, then into a dog and then into a mouse again, it came up to me I opened my hand and it ran up on my shoulders. Then, suddenly, a giant dragon broke out of the floor of the room and some inches away from me was flying straight into the air, it seemed like slow motion. Then it came down to attack us, the mouse ran away and I had trust that he'd do what was necesarry, just before the dragon got to me a giant net flew open and the dragon got caught, the mouse returned and somehow i felt the mouse had pushed some switch somewhere, a switch he had seen while running around every corner of the place previously. Then I asked the mouse what all the other animals were about, suddenly a black horse formed out of nothing and started running at high speed, I was flying right behind it at a great speed and suddenly we jumped up en flew through clouds, when landing again the horse turned into a bear and I found myself runing along with the bear, as if I was inside or right on top of it doing the same movements as he did, then the bear shifted into a wolf and after in a gorilla, bashing his chest. Then I felt a twitch on my right shoulder and I found myself back in the cave I had entered through, it seemed as if I was going up again and leaving. But I felt I still had to go back and thank the mouse for helping me, so I tried to focus a bit on going down again and I got back. Now the room was completely black and the mouse came running towards me. It climbed on my right shoulder and we suddenly found ourselves on the edge of a giant hole, filled with colorful animals floating around. I remember feeling very happy and eager to start exploring this entire world with the mouse on my shoulder. I thanked him very much and told him I was glad I could discover this world with him next to me. Then I went back up through the cave with the mouse still on my shoulder, I popped out of the rabbit hole and found myself in the place I imagined in the beginning but it seemed I was not willing to awake. I was aware I just had to open my eyes and everything would be back to normal but somehow this seemed impossible. I still don't know why exactly. Then I remembered reading about the upper world where you could find a teacher, so I decided to go up and ask him how to get out of here. I remembered you could get there imagining you're going up with smoke of a fire and then you had to pass cloud formations or thick mist by asking permission to get through. So I imagined a fire and tried to float up with the smoke, soon I encountered a dark cloud formation and politely asked to pass through and that I wanted to meet a teacher so they split and let me pass. I remember seeing the earths atmosphere as a giant ring around the earth which suddenly faded and I found myself in space without boundaries. I then found myself on solid ground in darkness. I remember saying to the mouse it would be difficult to find this teacher here, upon which the mouse ran off in the distance, I presumed trying to find the teacher. I then saw a strange looking object/statue with sunshine reflecting on it, then I realised just how dark everything was here, to my left I saw white light reflecting on the ground so I started running towards it, but as I started to run towards it , it started to move further away from me. So I decided to give up and go back to the place the mouse ran off. There I saw it returning and from the corner of my eye I saw, in the distance, a blue human like being with blue auras around it. I asked if he was the teacher and I suddenly saw/felt a bright light in my right eye and felt somehow he was the one I was looking for, I introduced myself and asked how I could get back out. Then he suddenly turned into a butterfly grabbed me and flew straight down, I remember feeling the pressure of going down from this high this fast. we flew directly down to the sea, here i plunged in the sea and started swimming down, after having read somewhere you can always try to leave through the lowest part of the world. On the bottom of the sea I found a small hole and popped out. Here I opened my eyes again.

I remember the day after I was very eager to return to this world and see more of it, to meet up with the mouse again and see everything that was to be seen...

So that evening I tried it again, I thought maybe the mouse has a name so I tried to return and ask him what he was called, he tried writing it down but I could only make up some letters, I thought I'd try again another time. The moue started going forward into the distance and I followed, here I found a very large mountain, I climbed it and had a very wide view of everything around. It seemed, it was the highest mountain around, bigger then any I had ever seen, then suddenly I found myself in front of the mountain and discovered it could speak. I asked it how it was that he is able to speak to me while I had never heard anyone speak in this world before. He told me not everyone is always eager to speak and sometimes just doesn't want to speak. So i asked him if he knew what the mouse was called, I heard a faint whisper in my ear but I'm not entirely sure what this was, it said something like 'sim'. Then I asked the mountain if I could ever come back to ask for advice, he said no problem. I thanked him fully and left again. I remember that while speaking to this mountain my rational mind would get lost totally in images I had seen throughout my life, things I had done during the day, my mind would keep drifting without me noticing it. When I noticed I had drifted away I tried to return to the mountain and excused myself. He told me that this is normal and everyone has this problem. He said the most important thing was listening when you're able to listen and just let the thoughts fly by and try to ignore them as much as you can. Then I returned to where I was in the beginning.

Then today I was at work and had some time for myself so I thought I'd try to reach inside again. I climbed through the same hole, down the same cave and ended up in the same gold and diamond room. I saw a well in the right corner and jumped through. Here I found myself in snowy lands with forest around it, the mouse came running towards me and climbed on my right shoulder. In the distance I saw a lake so that is where I went, here i saw an eskimo near a fishing hole. I felt he had something important to say but I also didn't feel alright being here while at work so I decided to find it out later.
Then when I got home i tried visiting the eskimo again. I asked him what was so important but he didnt seem to know what I was talking about. Then he showed me the fishing hole and pushed me in the water. Here I saw a great whale swimming around. The eskimo told me I knew him. I asked the whale if we were friends or enemies, it seemed to me he regarded me more as a friend then an enemy. I asked him where I knew him from.He told me I used to hunt whales and that I shot hime once, which wasn't very great for his two kid whales, I told him I was very sorry, but then he proceeded telling me I was also doing rituals in order to keep the whale species healthy and prosper for which he was very thankful. He told me everyone needed to feed but the most important thing was that the species was able to live a prosper life and not go extinct. So he thanked me and I thanked him after saying I was very sorry again. He told me I could come back any time if I needed to know anything about whales so I thanked him. I asked him to tell me somethng about whales already and he told me 'an orca is not a shark'..
Then it seemed the mouse was telling me we needed to go up fast, so I said goodbye to the whale and got out of the water, there I saw a snow fox on his own, I asked him how it was that he was alone and he said he had no owner or no one to walk with. Then suddenly I found myself inside the mountain with boiling lava, the mountain erupted and lava was streaming down. I hurried to the fox to see if he was ok and he was quietly sitting at the edge of the snow, telling me that 'here we're safe', and indeed the lava stpped at the edge of the snow. I sat down next to him and started to pet him behind the ears, which it seemed we both liked. When I decided to go back I asked him if he wanted to come with me, it seemed like he hesitated, or I felt like he didnt know what direction to choose, but after a while he dicided to go the other direction, I told him 'see you later' and it seemed to me he said 'ofcourse, with pleasure'. So I returned, climbed up the well. Here I asked the mouse to show me something I could not make up of my own, after reading this advice on this forum, here he changed into a very big mouse and ate me. I thanked him fully and hugged him as he was taller then me. Then he returned to his smaller shape and I said goodbye and proceded back up the cave.

Now I'm very sceptical about what all this is, I have always been sceptical about these things. It seemed to me there could have been alot of wishful thinking involved. It seemed being in the snow reminded me of an icy lake, whcih reminded me of an eskimo etc.. I didn't know if this experience was something described as a shamanic journey/trance or just rich imagination and rational thinking influenced images. It seemed to me that every time I was think rationally, things faded and became vaguer and I tried to think about nothing, but I fear that by then there had already been planted a seed of images in my head.. But I must say I'm totally not sure, I find it very strange that alot of people describe this is being something more difficult and they use drums etc in order to go into trance, so it seemed very odd to me that this would be so easy for me..

Now I tried going there again, I told myself 'I' want to see what it is I'm experiencing' and repeated this 3 times, then I went to the place where I found the rabbit hole, went down and fell down into darkness, then automatically the sentence 'I want to see what it is I'm experiencing' was repeated over and over again. Suddenly the falling ended and I was going from one image-flash to another, There were alot of things happening, I also remember the mouse eating me again. Then I said to myself 'hey, I should be able to control this, no?' So I tried my best to gain control over what was happening, but in doing so I suddenly stopped and all the images and stuff around me was moving at high speed past me and I had to avoid it all, it seemed to be like a bunch of meteors flying past in space. I then decided to just fly along with them, actively avoiding everything in front of me, a if I was on a highway and speeding past cars. This seemed better then standing still and avoid everything that was coming towards me. After this i'm not clear what happened but I think eventually I was in a more normal state of mind. I decided to go in again and started repeating the sentence again. Then suddenly I went through a very strange hole/air vent which ended in darkness. Here I saw writing, someone was writing '6 january 1967' under this they started writing 'Paul Mccartney' I found this very strange.. since I have no link wih him whatsoever. Then I saw a visual of a train to india and the image of a boat, and then attacking cannons from the side of a bay. After this I found myself in the desert, I felt a twitch on my right shoulder and saw the mouse, it was running and my shoulder kept on twitching, it was as if the mouse was saying I had to follow it, so I followed. Every time I stopped and thoughts appeared I felt the twitch again and I took it as a sign to stop thinking and continued to follow the mouse. We came up to a hole with stairs, we went down the stairs and in the hole I saw a pyramid. I went inside with the mouse. We went through a hallway, then a giant room with a giant clockwork, then a round room with stairs in the back leading to a door. I felt I didn't want to open this door for I was afraid it would reveal something bad about me. I opened it anyway and saw images of city buildings, money, keys and a tie. Then I asked myself 'is this something for me to see? Is this what I should do?' After this I had an image of a giant mountain, on the left side everything was clear, sunny, with a beautiful summit, pure white snow everything seemed very nice, and on the other side everything seemed darker and blue, there was no white snow, no sun, no summit . On the sunny summit I saw people with sunglasses and people in suits. On the right side I saw an old scrappy looking man climbing the steep rocky hill with an eagle on his back. When he reached the highest point (which was not the summit, this seemed to be a side without a summit) the eagle ate him and flew all the way to a desert town. Here it landed on a giant beautiful looking pilar and light started shining all around it. I remembered being disgusted for what he did to the old man after he had helped him get up there to take off. I remember this statue was on the left side of me. I felt somehow it was trying to tell me this was something good after all but I have a tendency to trust my right side when trying to figure out something,(when I met the whale before I had also asked him if we were friends or enemies and friends seemed to float to the right sight and this seemed to be what he wanted to tell me). I was wondering what the good thing about the eagle eating the old man was. Suddenly I ran to the left, I went inside an elevator, went up to the top floor to a toilet room, here I flushed myself and , through a system of pipes I flushed entirely to the right side of the scene. Here I was in a concrete room with some doors behind a corner. I didn't want to go through. Then on my right side I saw a speedboat with a drunk woman and a man fishing with an electric device, to electrocute the fish and get them out of the water easy. This disgusted me. After feeling disgusted about these two sides (left and right), one of the eagle eating the man for its own benefit, and the 'having no respect'-feelng to the right I wondered what side I had to pick. Then I saw a man standing in between two orbs to his left and right. He turned around and it seemed the orbs now had shifted sides. By turning around his left side was pointing towards the other orb and his right side towards the previously left sided orb. I decided this was becoming alot to remember and I returned...

Could anyone help me figure out what these experiences were? Was this what is called a shamanic journey or is it just me wanting to call it like that? :)

Thanks in advance!

Have a great day and thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: What happened?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 pm 

Anyone can help me shine some light on this? It seems to me more and more that this is what is talked about when talking about a dream trance or shamanic journey for this matter. But if this is truly so I would like to learn some more about the distinction in ability to rationally think within this state and the letting go of the imagination or intuition like feelings.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:16 pm 

Honestly, I find it much trying to the eyes reading through a big block of text like those of your descriptions. I crossread them, picking up some glimpses:

In the Beginnings of practice western people usually have to learn how to not judge their experiences. As far as I have read your descriptions, it seems to me that you indeed had made shamanic journeys. The disadvantage of not having a shared mythology that determines the appearance of the spirits-world lead most westerners to the erroneous idea of simply making everything up. Besides the fact that usually the trances are much deeper in more traditional context.

Keep going and write your experiences down. You should try to do "blind" journeys: Journeys to locations you do not know when journeying. Let someone put a photograph of an interested site into an envelope, being sealed afterwards. Then make some journeys to this location and write everything down. After that - repeat: AFTER that you can look into the envelope and check what you have seen and found in your journeys. That is a good way of practicing and learning how your own mythologic language in your journeys is working.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:08 pm 

Thanks! I'll try to do that :)

I'm sorry about the text, I just wanted to write it down as detailed as possible :)

edit : by the way, how would I try to approach something like this? Thanks again for reading and replying :)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm 

Hello!

I tried what you have suggested here are my experiences

The first time I asked to be shown what was on the picture my friend had kept inside a box before starting my journey.

I descended into the cave but instead of going down the route I used to go down I took a sharp left and took another route, when I got to the end of this tunnel I found myself in the desert. From here I walked a while and found a giant pit with a pyramid on the bottom. I have been here several times now. Instead of using the door I went to the back corner of the pyramid and jumped inside a hole. I knew it was there because I had used it before. Inside the pyramid I saw an egyptian god, I had also met him before since I had followed the exact trail as I had done in the previous journey. This god at first I thought was horus because I thought I recognized the head of the bird. But previously I have called him Osiris so I'm not sure. He showed me through a door and here I found myself on a beach with some people walking on the left side of my sight and seaguls above my head. Now I was wondering if this was the scene of the picture. But I suddenly thought to myself I ought to ask the mountain I have met some while back for advice on this. A seagul picked me up and brought me to the mountain. I asked him if he could help me see the picture. But he asked me what size it was but I didn't know this. I told him i'd climb to the top to overlook the world for a bit. On top I could still see the beach int he distance but I turned away and saw the house of my friend, I ran over there, rang the bell got up to his room and saw a small box. I opened it but the picture wasn't clear. There seemed to be green in it though. I decided to get into the picture, so I got in the box in the picture. But everything was very vague here. Suddenly a lynx that I have met earlier that I seem to be able to ask for help any time showed me to a tree and climed inside. He had done this before, up in the tree we would both look into the distance and not say a word. I later figured he wanted to take me further and I promised him to join him in a later journey, which I did afterward but is maybe something not to mention here at the moment. So as we sat there I noticed a hole in the ground next to the tree. I got inside and met a mole, he led me to a bigger room and showed me a box he had on the wall, he asked me if I was ready to see it, I said yes, he opened the box and I saw that beach again. I told him i'm not sure if it is this scene that is on the picture, I seem to be stuck with this image, then he told me that this might be intuition and I just had to check what was in the box, if it wasn't correct it wouldn't be the end of the world. I thanked him and left. After promising the lynx to join him later on.

So this was my first attempt. I wanted to do this another time as you suggested to give my mind some rest and perhaps lose unnecesarry information.

Now my second journey was about an hour ago. I remember following the same route as I did before and I ended up in the desert. I was following the mouse or fox that was with me at the time to a hillside in the distance. In the right corner of the hill was an entrance, I ventured through and after passing some torches I saw a giant aquarium wit a shark wanting to attack me. I opend the door and all the water came out including the shark. Due to not being able to breathe now the shark was dieing. I hurried up and carried him to the back of the mountain where I put him through an opening into the water inside. I want to the empty aquarium and found a scroll. I think it said Dresden which is a place in Germany and below it a picture of palm trees as if it was an advertisement for a hotel. At this point I heard a voice through an intercom in the aquarium which said could you please come upstairs. I found stairs leading up and found a man with a white beard in the room at the top. I said hello and that I was looking for the picture. He said he knew but subcounciously I felt that he was telling me that looking for this picture isn't that important. I told him I wanted to know how these dreams work and what the possibilities were. He told me I already knew and that it was about intuition. He opened a window and told me to look outside. Here I saw devastaded lands burning, dead, nothing rowing on it.. He told me that this was the world and it should be more important to help cleanse this earth rather than to be looking for this picture. I asked him how I could help the world and he gave me an amulet to carry on the right side of my chest where my right heart is and that everytime I feel something there it would be my intuition speaking to me. He told me the beings I have already met and those I haven't met yet would be helping me . I thanked him, climbed a mountain and thanked the whole world for its willingness to help me.

That's where I decided to end this journey. I haven't opened the box with the picture yet. I'm curious of what's inside. But I'm also wondering if anyone here could shed his or her light on these journeys. I'm curious how more trained people would approach these informations :)

I'm really sorry for the long text again but I wanted to describe it as detailed as possible :)

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me out :)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys