Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: What defines a journey?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:27 pm 

My question will probably review what I novice I am but here goes. What defines a journey? I have a Shamanic journey drumming cd that I've used for meditations before. During one experience while listening to the cd, I had strange visions of skeletons all dancing around a fire and then the sensation of falling. I "woke up" at this point because the sensation of falling is scary for me. I haven't tried to journey since because I didn't like the sensation of falling. Was this a journey, and if not, what was it?

Side note, when I do lay down meditations with crystals while listening to a meditation cd (not the journey drumming cd), I tend to rock back and forth. Does anyone else experience this while meditating?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: What defines a journey?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:30 pm 

the term journey suggests entering trance, i would say you didnt journey because you pulled yourself out of it but for someone that just started its a pretty good start.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm 

ShimmerSnake wrote:
the term journey suggests entering trance, i would say you didnt journey because you pulled yourself out of it but for someone that just started its a pretty good start.

thanks for your response.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 pm 

I have met the dancing skeleton(s) many times, I believe it is the spirit of death, at least when I meet them it is. Dealing with spirits that clearly represent death can be weird at first, but you should be able to tell by their feel if they're ghosts, the spirit of death, or something messy. The spirit of death will hold an ecstatic joy, if you get close enough he will show you a kaleidoscopic or hallucinatory vision of death which will do well in ruining your fear of death. At least that's how it is for me.

Oh yeah the question was whether or not this is journey well, just try it again. Early on I would also pop out of the state like that. Try to meet a power animal first don't go the upper world first like I did, it was confusing. After a while go talk to the shaman in the upper world, I've been meaning to pay him a lengthy visit.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm 

blackanimism wrote:
I have met the dancing skeleton(s) many times, I believe it is the spirit of death, at least when I meet them it is. Dealing with spirits that clearly represent death can be weird at first, but you should be able to tell by their feel if they're ghosts, the spirit of death, or something messy. The spirit of death will hold an ecstatic joy, if you get close enough he will show you a kaleidoscopic or hallucinatory vision of death which will do well in ruining your fear of death. At least that's how it is for me.

Oh yeah the question was whether or not this is journey well, just try it again. Early on I would also pop out of the state like that. Try to meet a power animal first don't go the upper world first like I did, it was confusing. After a while go talk to the shaman in the upper world, I've been meaning to pay him a lengthy visit.

I dont know who my power animals are but I'll try to journey to find them first. Thanks!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys