Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Upper world journey
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm 

I recently just did a journey and would like to tell you all about it. It has been a while since I have gone on one and this most real a journey has ever felt to me. I was so focused in on it that when I came back I felt so at peace that I nearly fell asleep. Anyway.....

I am in my backyard and I picture a golden rope coming down from the sky, I climb it. I reach the top of what seems clouds and then the clouds fade into solid ground. I walk to a lake and peer down into it (I usually do this often I find it helps me truly center myself). I ask if a spirit can tell me something about me and my life. Low and behold not but a short time and I feel the presence of a spirit. The only way I can describe it is like an old sage a wizard almost but not exactly like that, but the spirit surely had some age to it.

I asked the spirit what is my path (I can't really remember word for word). Then there was some dialogue with me and the spirit mostly me telling it things about me. Then I get sensations of words that pop up into my head "Power, Glory, Honor" things like that. I ask it how will I get this and I get "Discipline, Focus, Determination". I then ask the spirit about the "Great Spirit" which I see as God. The spirit told me that the Great Spirit wants to be honored like all the other spirits and however which way I choose is up to me.

I have been on one other upper world journey and I saw an angel that took me up to the clouds so I wanted to find him again. I ask the spirit if it can help me find him he tells me his name is Ben. The spirit tells me to wait. I then thank the spirit and bid him farewell. Then behind I see the angel Ben. He is in robes with a blue stole on and 2 blue almost like gems in the stole on his shoulders. I ask Ben what he did, he says "I help those that need it".

Forgive me but the journey was very random after that and I can not remember the rest. This was an interesting journey and it took a lot out of me. I will continue down the path to "Power, Glory, and Honor" and God willing will succeed. As much as it may seems this makes me seem arrogant and stuck up, it is the exact opposite. Me I do not want power I only want to see that power goes into the right hands. I think this means that the right hands is me but I will try to be as humble as I possibly can be.

Thank You all for reading and have a nice trip :)

Post subject: Re: Upper world journey
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:31 pm 

Hi Rhuarc

Quite an impressive journey you went on. The climbing of a rope up to the upper world is something which we read about in the Indian Rope Trick (which is a hoax BTW).

How did you feel about the words 'Power', 'Glory' in the same sentence as 'Honour'? These are words often used by the Military but rarely in Shamanism are the first two what are aimed for. What did you feel after the journey?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:36 pm 

Forest Child wrote:
Hi Rhuarc

Quite an impressive journey you went on. The climbing of a rope up to the upper world is something which we read about in the Indian Rope Trick (which is a hoax BTW).

How did you feel about the words 'Power', 'Glory' in the same sentence as 'Honour'? These are words often used by the Military but rarely in Shamanism are the first two what are aimed for. What did you feel after the journey?

Well I feel like its a bit off that these words come up. I don't see them as me at least not fully. I think it resonates with me half-way but these feeling I rarely have the chance to feel but when I do I love them. I think what this means is something of a leadership role which would describe the power. However I don't really know with what. The honor and glory I don't understand at all but they still resonate within me. Perhaps there is more to the words than first meets the eye. I think I can distill them down into something that makes more sense.

A little side note however, I am interested in politics and would like to run for office one day so maybe that is what the spirit was leading onto.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:38 am 

Well, we certainly could do with a few more shamanic polititians, that's for sure! Honour and integrity would help to counterbalance power and glory.

Mind you, even in the Christian 'Lords Prayer' which honours the Creator, we find the words:

For thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory,
For ever and ever,
Amen

I guess it is about how we work with such energies and who we give thanks to etc. Interesting journey!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys