Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Troubles with imagination
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:00 pm 

I'm rather new to meditation in general, I've been practicing for a few months now fairly consistantly, and journeyed a few times.

I don't know what this means, but I don't seem to be able to control my imagination. It seems to make things happen all on it's own. Usually what happens is every time I go through to tunnel and reach the other side, I fall back into the tunnel. Maybe it means I'm not spending enough time in the tunnel, and I really don't spend a lot of time there, but there are other signs that point elsewhere.

It seems to happen everytime I'm scared of something happening, like falling off an edge or cliff, I seem to see it happening to me over and over again. For instance I did a guided meditation multiple times where I was led over a bridge over a huge canyon, but couldn't control my imagination. All I kept seeing was the bridge breaking or seeing myself jump off.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am 

Hi Kstep,

Well, the beginning point of shamanic journey work is to NOT control your imagination. Journeying is all about letting things happen on their own in non-ordinary reality. It is about learning to trust the process that occurs in non-ordinary reality. That means, that if the bridge is about to collapse under your feet in your vision - let it collapse - see where the fall lands you!

However, I note that you don't mention knowing anything about power animals or protection in non-ordinary reality. I strongly suggest that you do much more reading on this site and in books before you do this again. It would also be very wise to find someone in your area who knows how to journey and seek that person's help. It seems to me that you're on the edge of very exciting discoveries but that you really need more guidance before you continue. You would never jump off a mountain strapped into a hang glider without considerable training first. Shamanic journey work is a bit like that.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 am 

Thanks Chris.

I do know about power animals, mine is a wolf, and he began to teach me about protecting myself, right up until I was attacked? It was very strange...I might make a separate thread related to the topic but my spirit guide told me to wake up asap when it happened.

Anyway, I don't know anyone interested in shamanism, so I'm kind of trying to teach myself by using forums, but I plan on paying for online courses in the near future.

What I've began to figure is that I'm just not spending enough time in the tunnel, and what I'm experiencing is a result of that.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys