Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Trouble journeying
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 pm 

HELP!!! I am having no success journeying. I've been trying for over a month, several times a day some days, sometimes giving myself a break. I use drumming CD's, and have a teacher, but still no success. I do have trouble visualizing and feeling myself in a tunnel; I'm "here" watching me "there". Is that my problem? How do I get beyond that? Are there any practices that I could use to bring me to the point I need to be, or am I just not meant to journey? I'd truly appreciate ANY sincere advice! Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Trouble journeying
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:49 pm 

If you already have teacher, better ask him to make a journey for you to find out the problem and solution if there is any. Without knowing you it is quite much quessing, what could help or not. Anyway there is always options to choose, and visualization has alternative approaches, like dancing, monotonous singing, using flame as focus and so on...

There is no such rules, that any tunnels have to be used. Only clear thing is that in spirit world everything is possible and so are all the ways to get in there.

If you know experienced teacher very well he could try also to make a dual journey with you, so he may observe your process more closely. Synchronized journeys can be great.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm 

That's a great idea, Jusma. I'll ask my teacher if she will journey with me.
Today I tried just entering my portal and just letting what would happen, happen. I did get some images, but nothing recognizable, and I just let them come and go. Does that mean I'm making progress. or is this a "you either do it or you don't" kind of thing?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:03 am 

Well, if you are getting images, even not recongnizable and earlier you did not, I guess it is progress. However, to me it is more it happens or not. "Doing" is not best word here, cause trying too much causes tension, which prevents things from happening.

But if there is progress with your last attempt, then following similar procedure may lead forward. Have only a light intention, what is your aim and then just rest with the beat. Do not try anything, just rest, and when you feel you are about falling into sleep, then bring your intention back to focus on. Then let it drop again and let your mind wander. Maybe you can feel drifting with the beat and then follow it where it wants to carry you.

This may help, if you trying too hard, do not know. Key point is are you able to relax to the point you would fall into sleep or are you observing, waiting, wanting things to happen, which would prevent things work.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:24 am 

Serendipity32 wrote:
I did get some images, but nothing recognizable...

You can also "ask" the images to make themselves more clear. But also be open to the possibility that in the NOR, other senses may reveal what you seek: you may "see" by hearing instead of with your eyes; it may also be just a knowing.... the NOR is truly a magical place, and everything doesn't have to make sense.
8)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am 

Thank you, Rachara El and Jusma, for your advice and encouragement. I sense that I must just get out of the way and let things happen as they will in their own time....a trick not so easily done by a 78 year old "doer", but that's exactly why I'm so attracted to Shamanism. It's an opportunity to grow in a profound way. So I won't give up! Again, thanks for your suggestions!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:47 pm 

One thing that may help is focusing on the third eye chakara, this in itself will take practice, but it is a much simpler doing than journeying. there is a great deal of material out there that can explain this better than I can.

also try different positions, lying down, sitting up, etc. I generally prefer to sit still but some do the opposite and dance. try different types of music, I do not only use drumming, as my personal background is in other forms, I have had a lot of luck with different styles, such as indian music, african music, even newer western styles. remember that shamanic journeying need not be a full out of body experience, although it can be. this is what separates it from the general concept of astral projection. I was a bit confused about that at first for whatever reason.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys