Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: The best places / trips / programs to learn shamanism?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 pm 

I have been looking for a "journey" that I can trust.
A lot of people in US claim to perform some shamanic work, but none of them so far looked like something that would take my breath away.
I want to learn from true "teachers" that mastered the craft to the extend that to the average person seems like true magic.

I want to learn healing and "shifting" realities. I want to see what's unavailable to the average pair of eyes.

I don't mind travel across the ocean to find a teacher, but how can I know that the student have found the right teacher?

Could you please share your experiences, and may be people like me can see various alternatives to move beyond just curiosity...

Post subject: Re: The best places / trips / programs to learn shamanism?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:58 pm 

I started out with a horrible, self-absorbed, all knowing woman who claimed to be a shamanic teacher, but taught nothing shamanic.

I then met Leontine Hartzell at a one-day workshop, had a healing done and then took her 2 year workshop. She is wonderful and taught me all the journeying basics, plant spirit medicine, healing sweat lodges, crystal and stone healing, and shamanic healing poses. From her I learned about the Foundation of Shamanic Studies. I have been wow'd by Sandra Ingerman; she is so open and is very willing to share all her knowledge. I learned a lot about soul retrievals from her. I have been blown away by Nan Moss and David Corbin- I was a 3 year student of theirs and deepened my knowledge of healing with them. I learned a lot from Betsy Bergstrom.

I have been told that Carol Proudfoot Edgar and Susan Grimaldi are amazing teachers.

Some of the most fascinating and magical people I have met in workshops are the other students, so when you go, join in on as much as possible and connect with others.

Just because someone has a book out on shamanism does not mean they will be a good teacher or just because they are kinda famous (or famous) doesn't mean they are good either.

When you take classes or workshops make sure you talk to other students. Ask who they have been studying with and why (since our interests and paths are different).

I have yet to venture out of the USA, but I have not found anyone of interest.

Good luck, Greenriver

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 am 

When it is your mind, which wants something you can never be sure. If it is life, which brings you the right teacher, then you know.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 pm 

Hi

I would also strongly recommend Sandra Ingerman. I trained in the UK under Stephen Mulhearn who teaches Sandra's courses, and I can not recommend them highly enough. I know people who have trained directly with Sandra, and they highly rate her. If you have the chance I would recomend her book soul retrieval -I read it in 2 days amd could not put it down.

I would also recommend Peggy Dylan. I have not trained with her myself, but I know many who have.

Love & Light
Sarah

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:42 pm 

Jusma wrote:
When it is your mind, which wants something you can never be sure. If it is life, which brings you the right teacher, then you know.

Oh how true that is!

Ask the Spirits to bring you to the right teacher . . .

When the student is ready and all that . . .

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys