Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Strange, scary dreams.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm 

I am not sure wether this belongs here or not. A few nights ago I had two dreams that somehow seemed linked together, and they were not like the wierd dreams I have had before, the ones that feel real but you are aware that it was a dream. These were different.

The first one seems to still include me and silhouettes of people I know, reacting like they would in real life and not like normal in a dream where people do really out of character stuff. We were walking in what seemed to be a desert, then a forest and after that a gigantic farm, eventually settling in at some swamp. Then we reached a town and I remember my dream self stating that it apparently was not such a long distance to walk if you want to study. Then for some reason we tried to swim and we end up being trapped under water. I am apparently trying to rescue a "girl" who seems to be drowning. My friends are floating, shouting something I can't understand. I reach the girl and notice that she can't go back up to the surface "world" which seems to be this world, but that going down, towards an equally dark space would kill her too, we are floating in a layer of "water" that has all the colors of the sunset and sunrise, as if it was sandwiched between two pieces of wood. I feel thrown around and wake up swimming forwards and reaching a a shore between the two different surfaces. Which looks like a picture from a book about dinosaurs, large plants and all that stuff.

My question número uno is: what the f@&%k was this all about? This was not one of my regular nightmares or strange dreams, and I have felt scared of falling asleep in case I wake up on that shoreline again. I will post the second dream soon.

Post subject: Re: Strange, scary dreams.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:58 pm 

The second dream seems to take place after a night at a fireplace where people only say things that relate to learning and students how all is well. I see the strange shore for the last time and almost spy on people several times, as if I am a plant.

Here it gets really wierd. Suddenly I am in a forest in the middle of the day. I can feel the sun and wind, but I feel strange, like my limbs are not where they should and I have 360 field of vision that seems to stretch backwards as well, like I'm able to rewind my memories. I seem to be searching for someone important to me, but feel sudden pain when I really move. I talk to trees that tell me where there are more of my kind. Several pine trees in their pre say that they don't want to go yet and that it is not their time. They tell me I have allways walked alone among them and that my kind is hiding even I'm itself, and that we lost touch with "them".

From here and onwards I only observe myself doing things, like watching a tape or something like that. I run forwards and find a screaming in the air, the trees mourn silently and my friends are crying because they died protecting people that were unaware of "us", and that we need, no, we are trees in a strange sense. And now u get angry, here it gets scary.

I start moving up and forwards, up to that point I was only gliding my "roots" in the dirt, after that I literally rip them up and start transforming. I hear the girl I saved earlier asking one of my "friends" why she should close her eyes. His answer I'd that I will now turn into a battling object a fighting thing and that she would not like that.

I. Fell great pain but I keep charging, the trees get thinner as if someone had been cutting them down on a regular basis and I am consecutive by rage and hate, and everytime I see a tree stump I am filled with an unimaginable sorrow that feels so real.

I charge out of the forest. In the distance I can see a city and I hear one of those gigantic tree cutting machines and I seem to shout at humans who are terrified of me ; why are you doing this, have you not had enough. Did you forget our deal. And all is silence. Right after this I wake up, completely terrified.

Help?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 pm 

Couple quick ideas:

For the first dream, have you done any work on your anima at all?

2nd dream, being connected to tree spirits is a wonderful thing. Can teach a lot.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am 

The thing that struck me most about your dream is the little girl, stuck between worlds, finding peril in either. That seems to relate to your stuck feelings about your spiritual progress and the feeling that your journeys are stale.

The other thing that stands out for me is the emotional impact of your dreams. Maybe it was meant to jolt you out of that stale, stuck, feeling and put you in touch with some primal essential feelings to kick start you on your way?

The third is all the places you "journeyed" to in your dreams!! They all have meaning! Maybe they are a life review? The desert could mean times of barreness in your life, the forest could mean times of enchantment, or times when you felt lost and bewildered, the swamp could mean times when you were bogged down and the town could represent your feelings around community.

These are just ideas - your dream, your journey could mean different things to you. I'm just tossing these ideas out in the hopes they may offer a place to begin when grappling with this important message which your dream is trying to impart.

Let us know what you come up with!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys