Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Sleep paralysis experiences
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 am 

I was wondering if anyone here could relate to certain set of experiences I have been having occasionally over the past five years. Occasionally, and especially around times of important spiritual growth I will wake up drifting in and out of waking and dreaming while in my bed. During these times my energy levels are incredibly high, every nerve ending fires and pulsates to the point of excruciation and occasionally fear. All points on the body seem to unify so that my body and mind are one in this movement. At least in my experience, this is even more profound than a dismemberment.

I do not think these experiences are the result of an attack by an angry spirit, and they are not related to drug use. Generally I do not meet entities when this happens. What I believe is that this is related to a rewiring of the mind to further connect to the soul, or to put it in a different context, a shift in my overall aura. Has anyone else ever had this happen? This has happened probably 8 times in the past 5 years, not too often.

Post subject: Re: Sleep paralysis experiences
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:26 am 

Though not the same phenomenon, I can relate to this, the feelings of intense super sensitivity. Like you, it feels like a reorganising and a layer being stripped away both physically and psychologically.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:00 pm 

I'm new to shamanism (ie. still learning about it). But I've had experiences exactly like what you're talking about. They used to frighten me and I would fight them. Then one day my husband suggested not fighting them and see what happens.

The next time it happened I found myself outside my body. I sort of slid out from my feet. I walked around my house and saw 3 cats sitting on the stairs. It was an interesting experience but didn't feel quite right.

I've experienced the sensations you described a few more times since then, but again I fought it. It literally felt like my soul was being pulled in every single minute direction possible. It's scary!!

It hasn't happened in about 5 years. I'm thankful for that. If I'm going to leave my body I would rather it be under my own volition.

I've never heard of anyone having the same experience. I've asked everywhere, in every metaphysical forum I could think of.

Now you have me wondering what it could've meant.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:18 am 

Figured out why this was happening, turns out I was building up too much energy because I wasn't journeying enough due to moving into a housing situation that makes it a little more difficult. This was related to me by a somewhat well known necromancer (did I mention I'm a necromancer? ;) ) Maybe I got a little carried away with my description, but I'll bring it up again some time and see what people say. Hasn't happened since I started the topic.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys