Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Shamanic dreaming
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm 

I have a good friend, Alex, whom I recently introduced to shamanism. He has a very clear mind, which has allowed him many good and fruitful journeys. One day, a spirit told him that he could go no further until he was asleep. From then on hes had shamanic dreams every night. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I'm reading a book on it currently but have never had much success with lucid dreaming and this seems to be similar. If you have had experiences like this, what are some techniques that can be used for a novice?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 pm 

If he already has dreams every night, I assume he is already doing very well.
Although I know nothing about lucid dreaming techniques, it does not prevent me seeing dreams in any way.
Sometimes, when I feel very calm and have things on mind I want to discuss with spirit, I go bed to sleep and let my consciouness to calm deepr until I am very close to sleep, and it is there I can converse. At dreemstate there is no such tension on mind, if compared trying something very hard at awakejourney. For me dreaming is much clearer and often very powerful, when it happens spontaneusly.

Post subject: Re: Shamanic dreaming - Dangerous Dreams!
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:57 am 

Hi Kstep!

You will find this fascinating channel 4 documentary film called
'Dangerous Dreams' of great interest. It is still available to watch online for a couple more weeks...www.channel4.com/programmes/dangerous-dreams/4od#3132368

Amy Hardie's very personal [and brilliantly filmed] film is about her deadly dreams. One night, she dreamt her horse, George, was dying. The next day, she found him dead in the field. Later, she dreamt again - this time, her late ex-husband appeared to tell her she had one year to live!

Hardie became obsessed with the idea her next birthday would be her last and despite being a sceptical, hedonistic working mother who struggles with 3 children and a happy marriage, in order to confront these "inexplicable events", she set about filming herself, her children, her husband and her visits to a neuro-scientist and a shaman as she explored her developing illness and terrified response to her "dangerous dreams".

My own experience of similar dreams was posted recently on the "UK Shamanism Today" group on Facebook.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys