Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Rules of Journeying?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:35 pm 

This post is a spin off response to Blazwind's thread "I can't seem to get started".

It's occurring to me that if a dream tells you what's coming and what to do about it, and you figure it out, and do it, and it turns out to be right, then that qualifies as a journey, because the aim of the journey is to go to the upper or lower world to get knowledge to use here.

I recorded a dream about a cross between a centipede and a crab, crawling on the floor, in my general direction, in the kitchen, no less. You'll laugh when I tell you the kitchen is a metaphor for the womb. The appliances, the reproductive equipment. My "dream" kitchen was devoid of these appliances, come to think of it.

The apartment was sterile white. I don't recall seeing any furniture, and when I really think about it, the so called space that's supposed to be around me looked more like it moved with me, I was not aware of much space around me at all, so I guess my focus was to be on what could immediately be perceived.

Anyway, I awoke to post menopausal bleeding. I looked it up, and one third of women who experience this are diagnosed with uterine cancer. The good news is that it's highly curable, the bad news is that a hysterectomy will result.

If my dream is correct, I have something amiss, it's fast moving, but not so fast that it can't be apprehended.

Hopefully my dream is wrong, but my dream also told me what to do about it.

There's a key in tobasco sauce, also, it wouldn't hurt to get on that maple syrup lemonade diet stat, because it involves cayenne pepper which is a far cry from tobasco sauce, but it's red, and it sounds hot. And I'll add tobasco sauce as well. Can't hurt. That will be while I wait to see a doctor, to get diagnosed, then, depending on that, await surgery. I can use all that time to research any and all clues given, to try to avert surgery.

If it works, then for sure, that was a journey.

If not, well it's time well spent. I will have learned a lot.

One thing the thought of impending death does do, is give me a genuine desire to get organized, for the sake of my kitties.

I have the feeling I've been practicing for possible death in these dreams, so that's also something to think about.

Getting good at navigating the astral world with whatever time remains to me, so that I'll have more awareness when I get there, sounds like a capital idea at this point.

A great inspirational story to look to is Thesius the blind seer in the underworld of Greek lore. At least I think that's his name, I'll look it up in a bit. But it's definitely the Greek underworld, and it was a special favour Persephone granted him for his service to her while alive. Can't remember what he did for her exactly, but I think it had something to do with the Helen of Troy epic.

Last edited by wildcard on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Rules of Journeying?
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:42 pm 

Just got back from a search on chillis, which is the primary ingredient for tobasco sauce, and among other things, the following was listed as their medicinal use:

"...It has also been used for alleviating uterine and other internal bleeding, and when combined with a plant called nux vomica (a source of strychnine botanically known as Strychnos nux-vomica)..."

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys