Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: questions on karmic debt and relatives
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 pm 

I'm new to shamanism but have found my power animal, made some journeys under the direction of a mentor and some on my own. I have not had enough time to journey lately because of life circumstances but I recently remembered this journey and feel I need to address it somehow.

My aunt passed away a couple years ago. I made a journey shortly thereafter and asked if she had any messages for me. I saw her image and then a totem pole only briefly. I had no idea what this meant at the time, but a couple weeks later I was at a festival with my children where there were free kids' crafts. The kids ran up to me and put two totem poles they had made into my hand and I knew then that the message had to do with my aunt's relationship with her sister, from whom she had been estranged for many years, and my own girls, who have had a strained relationship full of discord. At the time, I thought it was just a message that I was to understand the parallels between the two sets of sister. Now a couple years later, I wonder if there is some karmic debt that I am being asked to address. I know that I need to journey now to get more information on this but am wondering how best to proceed. Ask for more clarification from my aunt? Ask my guides for advice on how to help my children get along together? Both?

I have only a rudimentary understanding of karmic debt and I am not sure how debt/when a debt is passed on from one generation to the next or how debts are released. Thanks for any perspective you can offer me as background for making my next journey to try to work on this.

Post subject: Re: questions on karmic debt and relatives
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:13 pm 

every form of native american shamanism (north & south america) that ive read about have no concept of karma or even believe in reincarnation in the traditional sense of the word, karma debt is more akin to buddhism and various forms of wicca and hinduism.

Post subject: Re: questions on karmic debt and relatives
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm 

woodviolet wrote:
I have only a rudimentary understanding of karmic debt and I am not sure how debt/when a debt is passed on from one generation to the next or how debts are released. Thanks for any perspective you can offer me as background for making my next journey to try to work on this.

Karmic debt generally is within a persons multiple lifetimes, not so much a cross-generational issue. That would be more along the lines of a generational curse. Karmic debt is released by healing the wounded past life. It is a sweet journey of remembrance and forgiveness.

Journey with your Guides to your Aunt and ask to be shown what is to be done - if anything. Keep in mind that there may be nothing to do, but is more of an understanding of what your place is in the history of your family relations.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys