Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Problem with Journeying: How to Circumvent?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:49 am 

Hello. How are you guys?

I'm fine, but, there is a problem. I have done a journey, and I have met my power animal - one of the most incredible experiences of my life, if not the most, by the way... But I can't do it anymore. I've been trying to journey for about a week now, and... nothing.

First, I couldn't see anything, I couldn't move... But I've managed to "fix" it, and yesterday I, after cutting some roots in my feet, was able to move around. But it was all very, very frail way of trance, and it didn't last for more than a few minutes.

Anyway. The things is: talking with other people that are students of the occult, be it shamanism or others lines of magic, I've come to realize that there has been a lot of problems in astral travels and journeys in general.

So. How are you guys journeying lately? Have you come across any trouble performing the journey or in the journey?

Post subject: Re: Problem with Journeying: How to Circumvent?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 pm 

Hi

I am still somewhat of a newbie and I can only speak of my own experience but it seems that sometimes not being able to journey is not that unusual.
I have also discovered that for me being tired or ill will interfere with journeying. If you drum, maybe try changing the bpm. I have found that 250 beats per minute or so works best for me.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm 

I have noticed lately that I am also having trouble journeying. I can begin the journey alright and get things started, but I often find that I'm having an experience almost of losing focus or not being able to remember what happened the moment right after it happened. It's almost like having ADD; I am aware of the experience while it is happening in the moment, but as soon as the moment passes to the next moment, Poof! gone. Ocassionally when I do remember tidbits of this kind of experience, I find that they seem unrelated to the rest of the journey (like a clip from another movie was spliced in) and are usually dreamlike and nonsensical. Any suggestions on how to retain better awareness?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm 

Practice, practice, practice! Not a very glamorous answer, I know!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 am 

Try different things. This may vary depending on your background, not everyone does this stuff the same way. I actually don't use a drum very often, I've had more luck with other kinds of music for whatever reason, and I have tried many types. Try different lighting, different times of the day, exercise before trying, caffeine, herbal tea, practice basic visualization techniques, different bodily positions, try it outside and inside, and if you have already met a spirit which you're trying to contact again try calling out to it, they usually remember.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:47 pm 

ive found and work with two types of journeying but both arent something you just sit down and do on a whim, you have to actually work up to the point of being able to successfully do them each time your wanting to journey; the first method is soley dependent on learning how to use the mind/body together, its visualizing (not forcing yourself to see something visualizing, but more akin to scrying visualizing) and interacting with what your seeing through moving (look up information on rattle dancing), the other method is lucid dreaming, both when done correctly are very similar to each other.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys