Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: My first shamanic journey - interpretation
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:12 pm 

I'm pretty new to all this.
My only previous experience with shamanism included reading books on the subject matter years ago. But I've been experiencing an increased interest/urge to explore it further as of late. So yesterday I went on my first shamanic journey with an intent to meet my power animal/spirit guide. I listened to the drumming, and had some incense going, and tried to go into trance-like meditative state with no pre-conceived notions or expectations. At first it was dark, and then I ended up in this whirlpool of brown dust, and I think there were grasslands beyond it - but it was too cloudy and dusty to tell. I saw some weird shapes form in the dust, and then a white hart appeared. And it smiled. I asked if he was my spirit guide, and he just smiled again and nuzzled my shoulder, and then the dust settled down a bit and I could make out a whole herd of deer behind and all around me. We looked at each other some more, and then I thanked him and left.

Any thoughts/comments from more experienced practitioners?
I also keep wondering what's the significance of him being a white hart (instead of a regular looking deer was).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm 

I think that only you can determine the significance of him being a white hart.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:45 pm 

If I were you I would research all the characteristics of the white hart that you can find (where it lives, what its habits are, what it eats, etc.).

I would also research myths on the white hart as much as possible, and what aboriginal peoples believe about it.

Then I would focus on it visually as much as possible, place photos or figurines of it around your house, and then finally I would sleep on these discoveries for a few nights.

Then you will see how the white hart personifies you. It's strengths are your strengths, and its weaknesses are your weaknesses.

Then you will have a better idea WHY. :)

If you want to see journeys I have done and interpreted for others, you can look at my blog.

Kara
www.conduitofjoy.com

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys