Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: My Dream of Dreaming With Tlalocan
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:04 pm 

(my thread from another site, of which I want to get feedback on here:)

This morning I did a little shamanic ceremony. I lit two charcoals and put them in two censers on my altar and burned church copal, myrrh, bezoin, and siete potencias. I made an invocation to Tlaloc and the Tlaloque and offered them my rattle-staff so that I could make it rain. Then I sat down in my zazen cushion and prayer rug and used a bandana as a blindfold, Then I picked up my frame drum and began to play a melodic but low beat. As my trance deepened I found myself at a small mountain spring I know and then it shifted to a landscape of the ancient city of Teotihuacan. I could see the pyramid of the sun. I ascend its stairs and when I find myself at the time I came into contact with a spirit guides I use to know long ago but haven't frequent in many years due to what I thought was my inability to shamanic journey.

But all I need is a little darkness and I could travel to such places. There were many synchronicities in our conversation and he gave me faith that I could do it. But to what end. I wish to go to the underworld to ask for wisdom and power, the power to transform into the animal of my choosing, or at least of my own no nagual, and earn the privledge to dream in Tlalocan. Oh, and at the end of this journey, after a few more synchronicities with the spirit, When I asked him if I should go to the underworld, he said I shouldn't. That I should go to the heavens instead. And I asked "How?" And a golden string fell from the sky and into my hands.

And I flew up and saw myself in a cloudy space in the heavens, where a guardian came forth. I said "May I pass." And I got a reply "No you may not pass, or so I read the spirit's lips." Then I said, "In the name of Xiuhtecuhtli and Huitzilopochtli let me pass, for I am a Curandero of your lineage." Then more of the landscape became opened up to me. Then suddenly I found myself in a Botanica that I know has been shut down and out of business, somewhere I use to frequent. But that's where the journey ended.

I want to become my no-nagual in dreams so that I could travel to Tlalocan in that form. To earn the right.

Post subject: Re: My Dream of Dreaming With Tlalocan
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:55 pm 

Hi there,

This is very much a from the hip, stream of consciousness response to your dream. I hope you don't mind.

Reading this made me decide to remove all conditions from my astral life.

The problem for me is dealing with the emotional after effects in waking life, but that's because I'm such a newb at this I realize.

I guess this is old hat to some others.

I think what it is, for me, is that these powerful emotional residuals really do put me in both worlds at the same time in my waking life, and being unaccustomed, the tension between the two is exquisite and exurciating at the same time. A person has to grow in soul to accomodate this powerful charge.

So, maybe I won't remove all the stops all at once, but at the same time, the sooner the better.

Over the period of Lent - my favourite time of the year to pretend I'm a Christian Shaman, I'm going to work really hard at conditioning myself to accept the after effects of my dreams so that I can be ready for whatever is coming next.

Because I feel something big coming.

How about you?

Post subject: Re: My Dream of Dreaming With Tlalocan
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm 

Hi teopiltzin,

I have a hunch about the axis mundi, it draws us closer to it as we move along the path. The quicker we deal with obstacles and integrate all the lessons, the more powerful the pull. Maybe it reaches a point of critical mass at some point, we have removed so many obstacles, integrated so many lessons, we are no longer tethered to this plane as we now are.

I wonder if it's a "chop wood carry water" thing.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys