Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Mongolian Shaman Journey (Documentary)
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am 

Has anyone read The Horse Boy? It was a New York Times best-seller from a few years back-- it tells the story of a couple who go on a journey to Mongolia to visit several shamans in order to find a cure for their son's autism. Well, they videotaped the journey and now a documentary is being released in September that charts their experience. I'm not going to give anything away, but some pretty miraculous things happen.

Considering what a big and current issue autism is in our society do you think that more people will turn to shamanism as a way of coping? This is a really interesting documentary and I'm very excited to see the reception it gets from both religious communities and medical communities alike. I saw the film at a film festival (it was at this year's Sundance Film Festival) and the audience seemed to love it.

Here is the official Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Horse-Boy/88586437853?ref=ts

and the official website: http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/film.php?directoryname=horseboy

What do you think?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:48 pm 

I know people have been using "horse medicine" for years here in Texas. We even had a ranch outside of Houston, that was totally dedicated to bringing certain types of mentally different together with horses. I'm sure there were other places like this, as well.

I find it intriguing that it was a Texans that thought to take the trip to Mongolia - It makes me wonder at the connection of these two lands.

Thanks for posting this. I might go see it, when it comes out.

Peace,

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys