Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: lucid dreaming.
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 pm 

I had many lucid dreams in the past. over the last thee years none. then suddenly I had a year with sleep paralysis that I learned to get out of by concentrate on waking up but after that I did not have a single lucid dream. I would like to learn how to enter this dreamstate again but I cant do this for some reason anymore.

anyone knows of a ritual or herb or anything I could try to be able to start lucid dreaming again .

thanks.

Post subject: Re: lucid dreaming.
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:09 pm 

Check out this topic:

http://shamanportal.org/forum/ayahusca-and-plant-medicine-f12/galantamine-and-choline-for-dreaming-t2839.html

Also, if you have any other questions or require further assistance I'm happy to help. Dreaming is kinda my thing. :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 pm 

thanks ., I did read that post before. however I am looking to find a way to lucid dreaming again without any "helpers " . I been able to this all my life but only predict when and not force it into happening. this is what I want to learn.

I did buy the stuff mentioned in the post. will see if it can kick start my dreaming again.

I am looking to find some sort of way to always be able to do it .

I read that the experiences will be harder to get as older you get. I am 38 yrs old. it cant be that I am over the top or ?

after the year with sleep paralysis I been unable to lucid dream again. maybe something is blocking me-.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 pm 

Whoever told you that experiences are harder to achieve once you get older is wrong. If anything, you should be able to build upon past experiences and grow and evolve as you age.

I've used the supplements, they will kick start your dreaming, but you will still have to implement any techniques you've learned.

Also, I usually advise clients to check their diets if they haven't been dreaming well. Maybe there's something you're ingesting that is inhibiting you?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm 

I never actually learned anything. I just found out that if I concentrate on something and try not to fall asleep then at some point I will go into a lucid dream.

what could prevent this in ones diet ?

I do not see any things that could cause this to stop in my diet. but the sleep paralysis experience was the end of it. I think I might block on it or maybe something else is going on. hard to tell

I did try buy this stuff. and ate it for a couple of days trying to dream but nothing happens. I fall asleep at some point where I usually would enter lucid dream state.

actually what I do is meditate before falling asleep. sometimes I had been awake and dreaming and knowing this for whole nights. other times I just entered a lucid dream and once I had experiences where I was going out of my body and I could just tell before going to bed that this might happen when I was falling asleep .

I never did learn to control it . it is something I can feel might happen. then I can decide to not do it and not go to sleep and make myself overtired instead. or I can just feel when I need to go to bed and meditate for it to happen.

the ways I found described on the net how to enter lucid dreams are not the way I always done it. I just feel the point between falling asleep and the point being awake and hold myself in it and think over things and it automatically ends up a lucid experience.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:06 pm 

With the supplements, maybe you didn't read the instructions, but there is a specific way to use them. And not to be taken two days in a row.

Anyway, either you can read and learn and study, practice or not. It's up to you.
If you are interested in trying techniques, or learning more, let me know.

If not, good luck!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 pm 

the way i learned to lucid dream is to become aware of being within the physical world around you, their are other techniques that can be used to bring you into this state but zen meditation is one of the simplest to find information on.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 am 

I think I found out what it is. I have a chemical imbalance the doctor says. also I been on medication for some time that could prevent lucid dreams. I got rid of these and when the imbalance is restored I hope to be able to lucid dream again.

its not that I cant do it. I done it all my life but needed to find a ceremony that could force these experience happening.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:17 pm 

myusername wrote:
I think I found out what it is. I have a chemical imbalance the doctor says. also I been on medication for some time that could prevent lucid dreams. I got rid of these and when the imbalance is restored I hope to be able to lucid dream again.

its not that I cant do it. I done it all my life but needed to find a ceremony that could force these experience happening.

medications can certainly do that.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:33 am 

soulflower wrote:
myusername wrote:

medications can certainly do that.

usually I enter these states of mind trough meditation. I had a strange almost Lucid experience this night.

I been working on a mughworth smoking blend. and been using some herbs to calm me down a little while having the flu for some time and tonight I lost sleep all night. then I went to bed trying hard not to fall asleep and suddenly found myself sort of floating around some dream state where I talked to a plant. this was not as vivid as most my lucid dreams has been but it means I might be starting to dream again.

I will try the choline product once I am feeling better. also I had migraines a lot. I think I had one attack last night too where I am not sure if this lucid-like dream was the result of lack of sleep or migraine or what it was but it was like the ones I used to have few days before I really started having lucid dreams I could control and I could get actual content out of that I remember the next day.

they say mugworth is a great plant for lucid dreaming. I have it hanging in my kitchen and I cut some of it when dry into tobacco blend that I will make some herbal tobacco of for relaxing and better dreams and it could be this is the exact plant I should spend time with to dream better.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 pm 

Too much choline causes a buildup of choline in the brain. Not good.

If you want your dreams to be vivid, take zinc or ZMA. You run the risk of cancer if you use too much of that, though.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:56 am 

resonantD wrote:
Too much choline causes a buildup of choline in the brain. Not good.

If you want your dreams to be vivid, take zinc or ZMA. You run the risk of cancer if you use too much of that, though.

Too much of anything is not good, small doses are fine and it's something your body needs and gets from Vit B anyway. It's not possible to OD on choline taking the supplements I suggested, if you take as directed.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys