Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Lower world journey.
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm 

Hello all:

Well, I am drawn back to shamanism for some reason. A while back I bought the book Shamanic Journeying A Beginner's Guide. I have been using the drumming CD again, and I had an interesting journey earlier. I was trying to journey to the lower world. I walked into a hole in this tree, and it was like I slid down a dirt tunnel into the lower area. I ended up on a darkened landscape where there was a beach, and body of water. Across the water on top of the hill was a lighthouse. At the water's edge, I was met by this black man with white face paint on. He reminded me of one of the aboriginal people. He led me across the water to the light house in his canoe. We climbed the hill, and then the stairs into the light house. I was up into the top of the light house, but after that I don't remember much, but later, I felt I was snapping back from my journey, and I saw this extremely bright white light. In the light, there was an outline of a dove in flight. This faded, and behind that, there was the outline of what looked like two people, than the vision completely faded. I just really want to know if I imagined all this...lol...or if this really was an experience that maybe matches anything else someone else has had? Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Lower world journey.
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 pm 

Yes, you did imagine this journey, but that is exactly how it works. The main thing is you did not contrive the vision, nor did you control it in any way.

Journeys cannot really be compared with others. Each person travels in the NOR differently. And sometimes, the same person has completely different journeys from previous ones. It's all in the interpretation... which is specific to you and the intent you set when you began.

A word of caution: ALWAYS SET INTENT before you journey. Do not wander about in the NOR without setting your purpose for the journey. Now, the journey may not come out the way you expect it to - expectations are useless in the NOR anyway. But you need to have a way in and a way out, EXACTLY the same way how you went in. The purpose can change, but the in and out must be the same.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm 

Forgive me for my lack of knowlege, but what does "the NOR" mean?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm 

NOR = Non-Ordinary Reality
:D

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 pm 

Ohhhhhh. I knew that. lol Thanks.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys