Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Karma Release
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:53 pm 

This is an interesting concept I've recently stumbled upon. Its very much like a basic extraction of negative energy except that instead of searching for it within the spiritual body, you instead look at the bonds the person shares with others. They could be small bonds, such as a person you've met once or large bonds like family or a spouses. The idea is you repair the bond there, the spiritual connection between the two people. This could be done by releasing the negative energies within the bonds or by addressing problems in the relationship (i tend to see these problems as frayed spots or slight tears in the "chords" that connect the people).

By repairing these problems, the karmic weight of those issues that has built up is released (hence why it is so much like an extraction of negative energies/entities). The release of this weight helps to strengthen relationships, help those with problems like social anxiety, or even just improve one's mood, and I'm sure there are many more benefits too.

Has anyone else ever done something like this? I've only done a journey for this once.

Post subject: Re: Karma Release
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:32 am 

In Hawaii, this is called Ho'oponopono. There is a great deal of information out there on the subject. I wrote a series of articles on he subject for The Shaman's Well (http://www.shamanswell.org/search/apachesolr_search/ho%27oponopono) and have additional information on my web site (http://www.onenessjourneys.com/Ho_oponopono.html).
Ho'oponopono is a very powerful ceremony. You have described many of the elements very well in your post about your experiences.
A couple of additional points...the release not only helps the person with whom you are working but also helps everyone connected to that person. These connections you describe are two-way connections. It is important to release both sides of the connection to help to ensure the situation does not reappear. When you release and repair the connection with one person, the karmic connection felt by everyone else is released thereby allowing everyone to move on. It also supports and heals those yet to come (we've all heard of "cursed" families...this is a great way to nullify the "curse").
Also, even connection between loved ones can be detrimental when trying to heal an old wound. I use the example of going to see you grandmother and she always brings up the time you fell out of the tree and broke your arm when you were a child visiting her. Even though she loves you and there is a positive connection, every time she brings up that old injury, she reactivates that old cord concerning that situation and you feel a little twinge of the pain or embarrassment. This is an example of when even a loving a positive connection needs to be broken and reattached without the negativity associated with that particular situation.
You have learned a very important aspect of the human experience, Ezekkiel, from your greatest teacher...spirit!

Shine!
Mark

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys