Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Journey to meet Plant spirits
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 pm 

At this point, I'm not interested in taking anything to assist my journey, but I am interested in meeting plant spirits that could, in turn help in me in everyday life, in spirit. I enjoy connecting with plants in the physical plane. I am new to journeying, and have only yet journeyed to the lower realm. Where do you find plant spirits usually when journeying? The lower realm?

Thanks, periwinkle

Post subject: Re: Journey to meet Plant spirits
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm 

I suppose it really depends on the manor in which you mean to meet the plant spirit. there are many plants you can connect to physically, either through ingestion or simply by being around the plant itself. Many shamans grow their own power plants, and learn from them as they learn to grow them.

On the other hand, some simply travel to the lower realm and find the spirit of a plant there, and work with the plant spirit by bringing it back with them to our realm in spirit.

Both are viable options, although my personal opinion is that the most efficient option is to simply do both. I personally prefer to go on a journey into the lower realm, and search for the plant spirit which suits my needs best, and is willing to work with me. Then after I bring that spirit back with me, I find the physical plant and grow it, and work with it physically as a way to honor that plant and give my thanks for its power. In doing so, the use of the physical plant has a greater effect, because the spirit of the plant as well as the essence of the physical plant combine to form a powerful energy.

Note: I am not specifically referencing hallucinogenics here. I feel the need to stress that due to the stereotype that shamans only find use in psychotropic plants. I often have the pleasure to work with cooking herbs, creating meals that bring healing energy to those who chose to eat it, just as one example. So do not limit yourself here, really open up to the possibilities.

Happy Journeys Friend

Post subject: Re: Journey to meet Plant spirits
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm 

That sounds brilliant :) , especially the part about growing the plant which comes to you in the journey. This will give me more of a push to grow something, as I've been wanting to for a while.

I haven't looked much into psychotropic plants for physical consumption. As time goes on, I'm sure I will, but you're right, it's not all about that.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys