Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 pm 

Fantastic sir! Simply fantastic!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:23 am 

Just read through your latest journey and it was much, much better as regards being in control .. well done indeed .. :D

You have definitely taken on board everything suggested and understood your own power within an altered state <trance> ... which leads me to answer your question ..

how essential is the trance state to journeying?

Simple answer .. it is ... ANY altered state is effectively a trance like state .. you don't have to work yourself up into a frenzy to enter that state, it's all a matter of perspective.

Now, I would like to suggest something else .. not everything you come across in your journeys needs to be 'taken down' or 'scared away' .. for me this does not essentialy erradicate the problem or help you understand why the 'beasties' were there in the first place ..

Now, in your latest journey you mentioned being charged .. taking this one out was the right thing to do since it immediately directed itself at an attempt to attack .. yet, many of those little 'demons' ran away down burrows and such . ..where did they go ? .. iit's sounds to me like they will still have an effect upon the 'space' .. are you getting the idea?

So, here is where you can get a little more 'sneaky' ... take this as just a scenario and not a direct instruction, how you do things is how you do things :)

What if you were to keep the light turned down some so as not to frighten them off .. what if you were to get close enough to be able to communicate with them to find out how they came about to be there? .. this way, they could reveal some 'hidden' knowledge' hence giving you some additional 'power' over them? ..

This way, you get to understand more and at the same time regain the power 'lost' to the little beasties .. once you've got that information back then you can waltz into the space and claim it back forever ...

Again this is a very simplistic explanation and like I said, how you do things is how you do things ... I just hope you can see that there is much more you can do and much more knowledge, wisdom and power to be gained from working in the dark ... of course, this brings with it much responsibility .. use it wisely and with humility and there is no end to what you can do ..

I'll leave it there for now, else I could be waffling on for a very long time indeed .. enjoy your new found control and may it serve you well in everything you do ..

Once more . .well done :D

Respect, Goldie...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm 

Just a note to say - no problems here with your decision to go for it. I am by nature a rather cautious person. Pleased to read that it seems to be going well for you.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 pm 

Well its kinda weird, since the soul retrieval I've definitely have felt way more depressed rather than happy. I have heard that your mood can fluctuate after a soul retrieval, do you think this could be the reason?

And how do I know what part of my soul I retrieved? It couldve been the cause of my depression or anxiety is my best guess, but I don't know for sure.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:16 pm 

Kstep wrote:
And how do I know what part of my soul I retrieved?

Ya know, I know soul retrievals are the norm to journey for, but I don't think they should be the first step if your trying to recover from something like a depression.
I for got to say this Kstep, but I think you need a firmer goal to seek. When I journeyed for my soul it was like a walk down the street. Nothing happened. I felt the same. But when I journeyed to get courage, I had an epic adventure and was spectacularly rewarded.
And from my experience I believe that if you journey specifically for happiness or some way to relieve anxiety, you'll be more successful.

And you don't always have to go to the underworld for it. The higher levels may be more useful to you for this kind of healing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 am 

If your guardian angels told you, the heart was only a decoy, then why it should change anything? It was not that heart you were looking for at first place. Spirit world can be full of decoys, and ask your helpers when you find something, if this really belongs to you or not, before taking anything with you. What to do with it. Nothing is necessarily it, what it seems to be at first sight.

And soul retrieval.... I do not even believe that soul is even able to have fragments- it is always intact. Do journeys about it, and draw your own conclusions. Have somebody actually seen his soul as a whole, where are parts missing? I have not even heard such an event. It is good to hold some suspicion about things people tell. Do journeys, do experiments, draw your own knowledge and wisdom directly from spiritworld. Life itself is the best teacher, do questions.

You may try to do journeys to look for your soul, but it is good to focus on what you really want. If you want your depression cured. Then do journeys about depression, why it exists, after that how it can be removed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm 

Thanks for the tips, I didn't think about my Intent, which has a very strong impact on the effectiveness of the journey according to some shamans. I should also be more careful about what I absorb. I'll post up again tonight with a new journey.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:48 pm 

Ok, well I have a book now called "Mending the past and healing the future with Soul Retrieval". It sounded like the perfect book for me. In this book it describes soul loss as loss of energy in the chakras, not that the actual soul is being dismembered (which made sense to me because I am like Jusma and don't think the soul can be separated from itself anyway). It also described what "soul loss" would be like on each chakra. For me I feel it was my Crown chakra, and soul loss on that level is associated with strong feelings of isolation, which I experience and blame my depression on. Also in the book it describes making a sacred space by calling the spirits of the north, south, east, west, sun, and mother earth for protection and guidance. When I did this, I imagined the spirits of the directions (serpent- south, jaguar-west, eagle-east, and hummingbird-north) making a circle around my waist. I saw the spirits of mother earth and the sun circling my ankles. I descended into the lower world with the intent of retrieving energy lost at my crown chakra. From the air my spirit guide pointed to where I should go, and I did quite instantly. There was nothing there, so I called out "Is anyone there?" Something reached out telepathicly and asked who I was, and I responded with "Standing Fire (an native american inspired name I gave myself), from the middle world. I am here to retrieve part of my energy that was taken from me." He laughed. "Well, you cannot have it."

"Well show yourself."

This part didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. He tells me that he already is, that he is the air I am breathing right now and threatens me by telling me he could rip it out of my lungs. But for one I'm not breathing in the lower world am I? And two, arent spirits usually represented in the shape of an animal or being, not something like empty space?

Well anyway I try to become light and harm him in that way but it was ineffective. So instead, I suck him into a big jar, and tell him that he cant get out until he gives up the energy he has of mine. He does so, giving up a crown that I absorb on my head, and I let him out of the jar but he attacks me, grasping at the place on my head where I absorbed the energy. Then the spirits I asked for guidance and protection kick in, rocketing me up and out of the lower world.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 am 

Your being way too nice on these lower world spirits ...

Threatens you, you lock it in a jar . .then set it free again .. personally I would have handed over the jar to my protectors and allow them to deal with that spirit .. you've just let it go again where it will endeavour to regain what it lost in the first place .. sucking more energy from you!

I am a little lost for words right now ... and yet again I am concerned that you are trying to do things you have yet to understand ...

Lower world spirits have no interest in your well being or your preservation & healing .. they are only interested in one thing . .power over you .. until you realise this and hand them over to the sheriffs (angels, guardians, protectors), dead or alive ... they will continue to be bandits within your realms (psyche) ..

Again, I just want you to be safe ...

Respect, Goldie...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 am 

Yes, what you described about soul-loss fits into my experiences. You are doing very well for a beginner, astoundingly well actually. When you claim your power back, there is no room for fear as you showed. Neither there is afterwards, you can kick all harrasing spirits back, whenever, where they come from, no doubt. It is fear, hesitation, bad qualities of human nature, harassing spirits are able to attack. They cannot survive, when energy frequency is lifted very high, it destroys their negative form. Hmmm... it may work two ways, that it is hard for high spirits to work in low frequences.

Sometimes a spirit is just too powerfull however and cannot be forced, so a way to bargain should be found, but do not let those fool you. Everything Goldien wrote I agree, good to be careful. And spirits can be of any form, books do not tell all, there is no certain rules to count for.

You are doing good work, but did this journey help? Very often results from spirit level show just few weeks afterwards at physical level. So be patient, if nothing seems to change immediatly. I would suggest you explore your situation further by asking knowledge of it, why it happened at first place, you became deppressed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm 

Well I did notice an immediate change, I was able to observe that I was alone or feeling isolated without becoming depressed, something I haven't been able to do before.

As for Goldie I try not to be mean to spirits, even if they do mean me harm. I see everything, in non-ordinary reality and in ordinary reality, as a partial representation of god. Everything is composed of energy, and god is energy. So if god wants to show himself as an evil spirit, I should treat it as I would want to be treated. I've heard of shamans that take this to the next level, and don't even force the spirit to give up their possesions, but bargain with them.

Well I did a journey today in English class after a test incorperating the new ideas I've learned from the book I'm reading on soul retrieval. I started off calling to the spirits of earth, moon, sun, and the four directions for protection and guidance. Instead of desending down a tunnel, I saw myself inside a tree, sliding down through the roots and into the earth. I eventually reached a small underground stream, where I let it wash away my burdens. When I did this I saw it wash away the color of my skin and clothes. I saw myself as completely transparent and felt very clean and pure. I can still visit this feeling by imagining myself as transparent. I go with the flow down the underwater river until I reach a beautiful meadow, where I exit the water to dry off on a large boulder. There I summon the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper is the one who decides whether you will be able to journey or not, and it is always good to ask because if he/she says no certain problems may arise like you getting stuck in the spirit world. I ask her to enter the Chamber of Wounds. The chamber of wounds is where the part of you fled in moments of trauma or the like. Its not where you actually retrieve your soul, but you can communicate with it to learn about it. At first the Gatekeeper declined me, but when I changed back into my transparent self she allowed me, saying I had learned.

As I entered the chamber, I noticed it was not a pretty room. The walls were covered in gore and blood, knives lay bloodied on the floor, and limbs lay on the ground, lifeless. Here I found a younger version of myself crying. He seemed so sad. He basically told me what I already knew, that being picked on as a child was very hard on me, it made me feel very isolated and alone, and that even today I had not shed those feelings. I tried to cheer him up with music, but when I did I was yanked out of the room by the gatekeeper and told that I was not allowed to play music in the Chamber of Wounds. Let me tell you how I perceived the Gatekeeper. She basically looked like a WoW undead woman with a scythe, but much more realistic looking. If you dont know what a WoW undead female looks like, its much like a zombie youve seen in the movies. Rotting flesh and clothing, you get the picture. I didn't think she was evil in any way though. She had a very neutral vibe.

I asked my wounded, younger self a few more questions (which I dont remember because I waited to long between this post and the journey), then left.

So a few interesting things I'd like to learn about. For one why did I perceive the Chamber of Wounds in such a gory fashion? And why did the Gatekeeper appear as undead?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:33 am 

Sounds interesting.
I'd like to state that I believe you should really try exploring more.
You seem to have learned enough to be safe, but there are many more places than just the lower world. Try the... higher world? Okay I don't call it that, but it makes sense. And there's the library, the forest, the ocean, the caves, the catacombs, the city, the village, the cosmos, the future, the past, the rest of the world. Branch out for power man.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 am 

I am totally with Iron on this one .. and as for this ...

Quote:
As for Goldie I try not to be mean to spirits, even if they do mean me harm. I see everything, in non-ordinary reality and in ordinary reality, as a partial representation of god. Everything is composed of energy, and god is energy. So if god wants to show himself as an evil spirit, I should treat it as I would want to be treated. I've heard of shamans that take this to the next level, and don't even force the spirit to give up their possesions, but bargain with them.

Please do not think that I see anything differently to yourself ... and if you take a look back you will notice I never mentioned being mean at all .. I did however mention handing them over to my guardians and protectors ... they decide in which way to transmute that energy into something that is harmless .. not I

Quote:
For one why did I perceive the Chamber of Wounds in such a gory fashion? And why did the Gatekeeper appear as undead?

Maybe it's because you have experience of things such as WoW .. personally I do not and would therefore not perceive the same energy in the same way that you did .. I guess you could call it perception personified :D

Respect, Goldie...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 am 

For me this zombie as gatekeeper makes sanse. Who else can be most objective and natural in front of all the gore you described?

It is not sympathy you need there, but objective perception only. If somebody it is him, who can tell you things of that room without being emotionally involved. Wounds, rotting flesh is his domain, and he is most natural figure to walk there.

Every time, I have done my trauma work, I have needed to experience the whole situation again. Some things are hard, some are easier, when I am not so vulnerable to the matter anymore.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 pm 

URRRGG Thinking makes me mad...

I can't take anything as genuine when I journey. I know there is a SOLID difference between thinking up a journey and being led through one, because every time I think up my journey, nothing makes any sense. Its just random, free association. I feel like almost everything I saw in my journeys was because I thought of it beforehand. I do that with EVERYTHING, always trying to guess the outcome before the event even occurs. And that is the Worst habit imaginable, because now, as a result of practicing the power of Expectation, I can make anything not happen by expecting it. In other words, I expect it, the opposite happens. All except for journeying I suppose, but then again if your thinking up the journey what else do your thoughts quickly have to go on other than preconceived notations? This makes me so angry...now I fear the only option is to practice buddhist meditation beforehand to clear my mind...and I despise it so much.

So in case you didn't know it, I am a thinker, its a gift and a curse, but definitely doesn't help when your dreams are to be a real shaman.

/rant

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys