Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Interpretation please
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:52 pm 

Hi, I am new to the world of Shamanism but have been on the path of becoming a Shaman all my life. Recently I came across the concept of journeying. When I read about it, I was very intrigued and wanted to try.
I have tried psychedelics before and usually with a purpose, but not a purpose as defined as this one.
I wanted to meet my Power Animal.
I started listening to some mediation music and really let my mind go and closed my eyes.
I visualized my landscape of a beach on the water with the sun setting over the water and I then saw a Dog. I asked the dog if he was my power animal and he said no, then faded away. The next animal that appeared was a monkey. I asked the monkey if he was my Power Animal and he said no as well.
The next thing i saw was a dragon fly down and face me. His face was morphing between all the different images I had seen of ancient dragon paintings, as well as changing colors all up and down to sort of have a chameleon effect.
I asked him if he was my power animal and he said yes. I thanked him and ended the Journey.
I am at work right now and would love to talk a little more about where I am coming from but I would love some interpretations from anyone who can!
The first thought I had was if it was real and why I would have a connection to a dragon.
The first thing that came to mind was that they have a soft spot on their hearts ( or so I remember from stories I have read) and since I have had a pacemaker since I was 8, it would seem sort of appropriate.
I will say that I had no preconceptions of what I would see and really lost myself in the journey that I had.
And this was not induced by any sacraments. I was just tired and it was just about before going to bed.
Thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 pm 

Thats cool

im new here as well and i got to say
it must have been cool

whow did i discoverd my power animal...

ok i draw alot and out of nowere one day a drawed a lion
a tall lion with a brownish redish mane ...
a couple of day latter i talked with one of siblings she really likes angels...
and she said to ask it (the guardian) who it was... so i gave it a shot ...
i was meditading and asked who are you... then i saw a kind of
auror borealis but wwith all the animal spirits and then it stoped on an image of a lion...

then more and more i saw him in my dreams ....on the side of me , like a guard...

so i wish you good luck with your dragon and a tip be true to it ...like a friend...

oh and no need for sacraments... I found my guardian and totem by myself. ( totem cougar)

so that it

sinserely...

Post subject: power animal
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:44 pm 

Nonamayet,

The general rule is that if you see the power animal 4 times in the journey, and if the animal confirms that it is your power animal that it is.

Based on what you said about seeing it morph, I believe the dragon probably is your primary power animal.

To get more in touch with the dragon, find out all you can about dragons, put a dragon figurine or picture near you, and build your relationship with it.

You can always do another journey to find out more about your power animal.

Post subject: The difference between Power Animals and Spirit Guides
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm 

Its important to realise the difference between Power Animals and Spirit Guides. A power animal embodies qualities that we can usefully bring into conscious awareness at this point in our life.

A positive power animal will help us to move forward i.e. live more fully and effectively. A negative power animal indicates an archetypal pattern that we have become over-attached to, i.e over-using in our life right now to the point where it is blocking our soul path.

A spirit guide will protect us an help us to find what we need in our journeying experiences.

When first learning and practising shamanic journeying it is vital to connect with one or spirit guides as soon as possible. We teach and facilitate this in our journeying workshops for beginners.

Mikhael
www.shamanism.sunflower-health.com

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys