Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: I'm new and looking for advice.
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm 

Hello there, I'm Kevin and I'm rather new to shamantic journeying, and extremely interested. I've done some Zen style meditation every day for the last few months, but it doesn't seem to fit me very well. I had tried shamanic journeying before and had success, but didn't stick with it. Now I wonder why that was the case!

I feel like every step I have taken in my life has led me to shamanism. I love to journey, and have been doing it in 10 minute sessions from 3-5 times a day for the last week. I really cant get enough of it. I know I'm sounding a bit ahead of myself for someone whos just began, but I've currently decided that I want to go to South America and study shamanism in a tribe! It may sound dreamy but I've always wanted to live in an isolated society, use hallucinogenic drugs for sheerly spiritual purposes, and get really up close and personal to such a spiritual religion (if you can even call it a religion).

So the point of this post was to ask for advice, related to journeying especially, for someone as new as me. Right now I can't afford to take online courses or anything of that nature (though I do plan on taking some in the future) and there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good, free info out there on the web.

I'll walk you through one of my sessions so you can see what I know and critique me or give me pointers.

So I begin by getting a drumming tape going, and take a few moments listening to the beat of the drum. I then imagine myself going down a dark tunnel, my vision barely extending to the walls, and my spirit guide (a wolf) beside me. I move down the tunnel until I'm completely relaxed, and when I feel ready, I see a small, expanding speck of light in the distance. Eventually, I burst through the other side, landing on my feet next to my wolf. From there I ask him questions, but otherwise don't really know what to do.

As of today, my sessions have been cut short because my spirit guide is telling me that I am journeying with no purpose. This is where I need the advice. What all can I do when I get to the other side?

Post subject: Your path
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 am 

Hi Kevin,

You have indeed studied a lot and experience quite a while. The journey to South America is a good idea. Start in Guatemala in the maya culture.

What you always wanted, as you describe in your post, is interesting but the path will be more difficult and dangerous that you can actually imagine.

This brings us the point to your post : ask advice. You will have a lot of comments to your post, be sure of that. You will need to find out by yourself which path is the right one for you. Forget about online courses, you will not learn what you need to learn at this point of your journey.

Your "spirit guide" as you say is correct : You are actually journeying with no purpose, but you are ready for something more advanced. If you decide to carry on, events will start to occur in your life in the next few weeks to put things in place.

Have a good travel,
E.W. Aweel

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys