Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: I'm looking for the entrance
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:40 pm 

Hi, sorry if my English is not very good, I am writing from italy. in the last year i felt I must take my journey into shamanism.
I began to read something on ebook on the internet through forums and then I bought "Shamanic Journeying: A Beginners Guide" Dr. Sandra Ingerman.
Unfortunately I have had poor results, I cannot make the first journey, my eyes open all the time and I can not display the "entry"
I tried to blindfold but more often I fall asleep
Would you give me some advice to solve these problems and begin in serenity?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 am 

Maybe you re not ready yet or you fear something
Let me tell you the ways i found to do a journey
First you need to know that it doesnt always work, you have to try several times before it works. To me it works when my body reacts (cold, heat, etc) or when i see things i ignored (like an animal i never heard about but who does exist).
I relax slowly (i m kinda nervous in life so i have to do little by little) : i first concentrate on my feet and think (my feet relax and fall sleep, using a special voice in my mind like hypnose) then legs, then arms stomach, neck, head (keeping on saying the sentence). It works much better when i m tired (something dreams or spirits come when i dont even ask )
I hope it ll help you !

Post subject: Re: I'm looking for the entrance
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:15 am 

Your probably going to fast.
You need to start with basic visualizing.
Having your astral body hold and manipulate a simple object will help
and you may just need to change when you attempt to journey to one
where you are more focused and less likely to sleep or lose concentration.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:58 pm 

Hi there,in Italy,
Don`t get too caught up with expectations of how your journey is supposed to look,how the entry looks,etc.Your own journey may be different and certainly ,it is unique.Life itself is a journey,and you entered it through your mother.Any image can be used as a point of entry into spirit, if you look at it with reverence:a flower,a door,an entry to a cave,a bridge,a crystal, a fountain ,or an actual flower,door,cave,fountain etc.
The sound of a bell or a drum can provide entry,into another reality.It would be easier to journey in the shamanic way,if you find someone to guide your journey.If not,just relax and meditate,and allow any images to present themselves.You can journey in your dreams or through doing art.
It depends on your inclinations.
Here is an exercise that would help you journey without falling asleep.Lie
on your back,raise your hand in bed,leaning on the elbow.Look at the
palm of your hand and say:my hand is warm and heavy,my hand is warm and heavy,my stomach is warm,my forehead is cool.Say it, until you feel it.
You will get into an altered state of consciousness and want to fall asleep,
but every time that you fall asleep,your hand will fall on you and wake you up.Then you repeat:"my hand is warm and heavy"etc...This exercise
will teach you to stay in a suspended state, between being asleep and awake.In that state,you will be able to experience the spirits.Good luck.
oracledreamhealer Email:sagedreamscanada@yahoo.ca

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm 

I would recommend you start with just some simple meditations. Guided ones would be a good way to go. Try these for a bit. Once you can settle your whole being I would then try a journey again.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:58 am 

i agree start with meditation, get good at it. shamanism is in general an advanced set of techniques. try different music, positions, and focus on different parts of the body. focus on breathing and try focusing on the body, do chakra meditation if you wish, activate the third eye chakra.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 pm 

Hi there!

Another important thing to remember is sometimes, we might not necessarily "see" things. Its important to let go of expectations and just feel - many people, myself included, "feel" the Journey. For me, it is not so much about seeing pictures, but feeling the occurrences and the messages from Spirit. If your body suddenly gets cool, or there is pain in an area, or perhaps you feel a sense of euphoria or reassurance, this is a huge step. :3

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys