Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: I'd like to share my first power animal dance with you
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:09 am 

Tonight I had my rattles and did the power animal dance outlined in The Way Of The Shaman. I did everything to to the book. Expecting it to last up until 30 mins. I was surprised. When I entered the second part of the dance, where I am seeking out my animal things happened fast. Signs of entering the SSC are the rattles speeding up, your dancing speeding up.But first, I very quickly focused on the black wolf who is my power animal. my body started dancing the way a wolf walked my mind started touching the SSC and suddenly the rattles sped up, and my dancing became fast and i was spinning faster and faster in circles. I was scared because i could not stop. it was happening. I was in SSC in a strong trance and my body felt as if it might collapse and then I just stopped. I shook the rattles at my chest and saw the image of a black wolf running at jumping at me. I wondered if it has entered me as I did not see it do so or feel anything. But seconds later I felt a pulse in my chest, and tingle in my body. And a rush to my head that felt like light headness. But it wasn’t light headness. Soon my body and head felt normal and I shook my rattle four times to the east. I had a feeling in my body. I knew/know my animal had entered me. It took much shorter then anticipated. Under 15 mins.

I'd like to know what you guys think. if you've had a similar experience?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:10 pm 

oh yes - when my Power Animal entered me, it was totally overwhelming, frightening, exhilarating and loving. You're journey sounded fantastic, and exactly how it should be.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:18 am 

Yes, a very similar experience, almost like a direct confrontation which I could not avoid, it was not, in my own case, experienced through dance though but otherwise, yes, I can relate to your power animal's way of merging with you.

Post subject: Re: I'd like to share my first power animal dance with you
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:43 am 

Wow! I have never danced for my power animals :D but when I go to sleep I summon two of my power animals (a gray wolf and a snowy owl) to be with me and keep me safe.I also sent my owl to meet my BFF who lives far far away...efficient use of power animals :D

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:12 pm 

shaamangirl wrote:
Wow! I have never danced for my power animals

You should. It creates a very powerful connection between you and your animal.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:22 pm 

It is winter here where I live,and since the winter came I've been unable to Journey.What should I do?A forest near my house is full of shamanistic energy,so could that help?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:32 pm 

shaamangirl wrote:
It is winter here where I live,and since the winter came I've been unable to Journey.What should I do?A forest near my house is full of shamanistic energy,so could that help?

Shamanic journey is not in the real world. It doesn't matter what the real weather is doing - journey is done through your mind, your inner world.

Simply visualize your beautiful forest and go there.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 am 

I can't,because fire and arth elements help me jouney,and now the earth's powers are frozen.....

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys