Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Meaning of my journey
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 am 

Hello, my name is Ernie and I've been on a spiritual quest. I've been practicing shamanism & Journeying on my own and usually it's about animals but the other day I went on a drumming journey in my house and in my journey I saw myself sitting in a rock by a waterfall and I saw a little boy with a black tiger fishing and the boy was catching the fish and he put it on a basket and then I saw a bear trying to catch a fish but couldn't and then boy got up and gave the bear a fish and the bear ran away. The boy never looked at me so I left not understanding the message. Can anyone tell me what the message?
Thank you!!

Post subject: Re: Meaning of my journey
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm 

I would journey and ask your guides what this could mean. Or even ask your guides to take you to this palce so you can talk to the boy or the tiger.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:10 pm 

Future is right, ask your guides.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 am 

Ernie wrote:
Hello, my name is Ernie and I've been on a spiritual quest. I've been practicing shamanism & Journeying on my own and usually it's about animals but the other day I went on a drumming journey in my house and in my journey I saw myself sitting in a rock by a waterfall and I saw a little boy with a black tiger fishing and the boy was catching the fish and he put it on a basket and then I saw a bear trying to catch a fish but couldn't and then boy got up and gave the bear a fish and the bear ran away. The boy never looked at me so I left not understanding the message. Can anyone tell me what the message?
Thank you!!

Journeys 'can' be rather like dreams in the symbols and metaphors they use sometimes. This makes them very individual and difficult to accurately ascribe meaning and since you don't say what intention or purpose your journey was for, it is difficult to work out a meaning of the images. Asking your guide/s first is the best way forward but if you are new to journeying and the shamanic path and perhaps are still finding your feet with your primary guide, then looking at what each symbol means could help to unravel it.

If this were my journey, the waterfall would be one of those liminal places where two worlds come together. The boy suggests fearless inquisitiveness and innocence. The black tiger with him suggests that he is both powerfully protected from negativity but also unaware of any danger (naive perhaps). He catches a fish, the ancient symbol of the soul but the great bear, the traditional symbol of the shaman and healer in many societies is struggling to get a fish. So the innocent offers his soul to the spirit of the shaman healer. Is this how you see your path right now? That you are innocently offering yourself to become a shaman and healer?

To reiterate, this is only how I would interpret these symbols if they were in my journey about me. The journey would take on a whole different meaning if it had been undertaken for someone else or with a radically different original intention.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 am 

Ernie wrote:
Thank you!!

Journeys 'can' be rather like dreams in the symbols and metaphors they use sometimes. This makes them very individual and difficult to accurately ascribe meaning and since you don't say what intention or purpose your journey was for, it is difficult to work out a meaning of the images. Asking your guide/s first is the best way forward but if you are new to journeying and the shamanic path and perhaps are still finding your feet with your primary guide, then looking at what each symbol means could help to unravel it.

If this were my journey, the waterfall would be one of those liminal places where two worlds come together. The boy suggests fearless inquisitiveness and innocence. The black tiger with him suggests that he is both powerfully protected from negativity but also unaware of any danger (naive perhaps). He catches a fish, the ancient symbol of the soul but the great bear, the traditional symbol of the shaman and healer in many societies is struggling to get a fish. So the innocent offers his soul to the spirit of the shaman healer. Is this how you see your path right now? That you are innocently offering yourself to become a shaman and healer?

To reiterate, this is only how I would interpret these symbols if they were in my journey about me. The journey would take on a whole different meaning if it had been undertaken for someone else or with a radically different original intention.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys