Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: help understanding my journey
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 pm 

My intention for a journey a couple of week ago was to find wisdom and knowledge. I've been on a spiritual quest and I was introduced to shamanism. I've been journeying for a while and I find my power animal which is a raven. I see the Raven every time I journey. Sometimes I understand the journey and sometimes I don't. But this last journey I had took me to the top of the Grand Canyon and I was drumming to Sun and the Moon. The sun and the moon were dancing to the drumming and next to me on the right side was a bucket of water and in front of me was fire and the Raven was drinking water while I was drumming. I also saw myself flying around the Grand Canyon w/ a bucket of eggs and placing the eggs in every different cave. Those anyone have an idea what could it meant?

Post subject: Re: help understanding my journey
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:34 pm 

The best thing to do is go back and ask Raven what this all means.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 am 

I agree, ask the raven to clarify. A lot of this work is you finding understanding so that some day you can help others. Not to mention tell em to ask their guides as well.... ; )

Traveler

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:00 am 

Ernie wrote:
My intention for a journey a couple of week ago was to find wisdom and knowledge. I've been on a spiritual quest and I was introduced to shamanism. I've been journeying for a while and I find my power animal which is a raven. I see the Raven every time I journey. Sometimes I understand the journey and sometimes I don't. But this last journey I had took me to the top of the Grand Canyon and I was drumming to Sun and the Moon. The sun and the moon were dancing to the drumming and next to me on the right side was a bucket of water and in front of me was fire and the Raven was drinking water while I was drumming. I also saw myself flying around the Grand Canyon w/ a bucket of eggs and placing the eggs in every different cave. Those anyone have an idea what could it meant?

The very best interpretation is your own but this is how I would go about decipering the journey if it were mine.

What does the sun mean to you?
What does the moon mean to you?
Drumming to them both - what would that be for? Bringing night and day together???
Fire and water, do you need to quench the fire of your thirst? Is Raven showing you that?
Eggs are a pretty strong symbol for new creation and the cave is often a symbol for the female genitalia. How would that make sense in your life?

What was the immediate purpose or question behind your journey really? "to find wisdom and knowledge" is so very broad a question and could be interpreted in many ways. What were you really asking for?

Perhaps you have been in a spiritual passion of learning, looking in many places and planting the 'seed' of your passion in these many entrace places or perhaps you should??? Perhaps there is more than one cave which leads to wisdom and knowledge?

Best, as others have said, to ask Raven for clarification perhaps.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys