Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Hello/First Journey
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:31 pm 

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and new to shamanism for that matter! I would like to tell you all about my first journey which is actually kind of humorous.

I start to listen to the drum beat and my mind is wondering but when I focus on the beat it helps me focus back. I finally find myself in this forest like area and I am accompanied by this fox I ask him if he is my spirit animal it responds (with out moving its mouth just sort of like i knew what he was saying) "no I am not I am here to help to find yours" or something to that effect. I then walk through this clearing where there is a lot of brush and stumble through this spider web and this spider crawls on my arm. I of course tell it that I am sorry for ruining its web it then tells me that I have to go to the lake ahead. I think the web was put there for a reason so I would stop and the spider would be able to guide me along more. I go to the lake and am met by a wolf who tells me that I need to go on ahead even more that I am sort of close to where I need to be.

The funny part of this is the drum beat I was listening to had a call back beat and it paused so abrubtly and it freaked me out so I jumped up looked at my computer moniter to see that it was only a momentary pause and that there was more of the track left to play. So I snapped myself out of my journey before I could finish. Hopefully next time I will be able to find my animal, and this time I will understand what the callback beat is.

Post subject: Re: Hello/First Journey
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 pm 

hello, i was just curious. on your journey, you were under the influence of psycoactive plants or no?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm 

Rhuarc wrote:
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and new to shamanism for that matter! I would like to tell you all about my first journey which is actually kind of humorous.

I start to listen to the drum beat and my mind is wondering but when I focus on the beat it helps me focus back. I finally find myself in this forest like area and I am accompanied by this fox I ask him if he is my spirit animal it responds (with out moving its mouth just sort of like i knew what he was saying) "no I am not I am here to help to find yours" or something to that effect. I then walk through this clearing where there is a lot of brush and stumble through this spider web and this spider crawls on my arm. I of course tell it that I am sorry for ruining its web it then tells me that I have to go to the lake ahead. I think the web was put there for a reason so I would stop and the spider would be able to guide me along more. I go to the lake and am met by a wolf who tells me that I need to go on ahead even more that I am sort of close to where I need to be.

The funny part of this is the drum beat I was listening to had a call back beat and it paused so abrubtly and it freaked me out so I jumped up looked at my computer moniter to see that it was only a momentary pause and that there was more of the track left to play. So I snapped myself out of my journey before I could finish. Hopefully next time I will be able to find my animal, and this time I will understand what the callback beat is.

Sounds like a great first journey Rhuarc. Keep trying and see where you go. Practice, practice, practice is the way of it.

It's so frustrating when we are brought out of a journey prematurely isn't it but don't worry, try again and just go with it.

Thank you for sharing such a special time and experience. I am eager to hear more when you journey next time. :)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 pm 

earthen-wolf wrote:
hello, i was just curious. on your journey, you were under the influence of psycoactive plants or no?

No I was not using any substances at the time. I was completely sober.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 pm 

A few quick pointers - just in case -

ALWAYS begin your journeys with some sort of "protection" whether it is bringing together a circle, prayerful or meditative requests for ancestors or any God that you believe in.... protection is important.

If you are looking for your power animal it will appear to you at least 4 times. Once you've seen it four times invite it closer - it should approach or come near willingly - then ask if it is your power animal - pay close attention to the reply and then "feel" for the truth of it. Their are tricky spirits out there looking for a joy-ride!

Please update as you practice more.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys