Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Healing using Seidr
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:59 pm 

Hi everyone,

I have a question I am hoping some of you might be able to help me with. I recognize this does not necessarily fit neatly into Shamanism but I thought your path might be similar enough that some of you might have some experiences with it. I have been reading a lot about Seiðr but cannot figure out how you would use it to perform magic other than pathworking and divination. I was hoping that I could use it for healing eventually. I would like to get started with it and realize that it will take time but so far I haven't even figured out what to do once I am in a trance. Any suggestions on how to get started?

Harry

Post subject: Re: Healing using Seidr
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 pm 

weisshamsu wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question I am hoping some of you might be able to help me with. I recognize this does not necessarily fit neatly into Shamanism but I thought your path might be similar enough that some of you might have some experiences with it. I have been reading a lot about Seiðr but cannot figure out how you would use it to perform magic other than pathworking and divination. I was hoping that I could use it for healing eventually. I would like to get started with it and realize that it will take time but so far I haven't even figured out what to do once I am in a trance. Any suggestions on how to get started?

Harry

Personally i'd used magick as a last resort because what you take you're going to have to make sure you that you can give it back. Nothing comes free and everyone i've encountered in my past while using magick whether i saw them or not wanted payment for their services, i didn't know how to repay them and i ended up with shadow people following me and taking energy from me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:06 pm 

I know that magick requires payment, nothing is free. I'm fine with that. I see the whole thing not as something that is goal driven. Rather I desire to learn it as a tool, even if I might never use it. I know how it works for pathworking, just not how you would do rituals.

Harry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 am 

weisshamsu wrote:
I know that magick requires payment, nothing is free. I'm fine with that. I see the whole thing not as something that is goal driven. Rather I desire to learn it as a tool, even if I might never use it. I know how it works for pathworking, just not how you would do rituals.

Harry

Magick in my own personal opinion (i can't speak for anyone else) magick is continually changing in how it works and what makes it up. If you put the call out for help you never know who is going to answer it, also one of the reasons i won't go anywhere near a Ouija board. I won't even enter a house that i know one has been used in, even it it was just a planchette with a pen or pencil...

In all honesty i'd rather cover myself in velcro and stick $100 notes all over me and walk through a drug den with a neon sign growing out of my head with 'free money!' on it before i use magick again without someone experienced teaching me.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 am 

I agree, I wouldn't use one of these boards either but there are things one can do to ward oneself against abuse before anything magickal happens. It also depends on exactly what the magick is. When I do Seidr pathworking I usually erect a circle around me and appeal to Freyja to protect me. There lies danger this way, that's for sure, but so does with motorcycling and I do that too and you can reduce it a little by taking riders classes and wearing the right gear.

Harry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 am 

weisshamsu wrote:
I agree, I wouldn't use one of these boards either but there are things one can do to ward oneself against abuse before anything magickal happens. It also depends on exactly what the magick is. When I do Seidr pathworking I usually erect a circle around me and appeal to Freyja to protect me. There lies danger this way, that's for sure, but so does with motorcycling and I do that too and you can reduce it a little by taking riders classes and wearing the right gear.

Harry

I must commend you for trying to ask the the advice of people more experienced than you are... I admit that i'm probably the last person you'd want to ask about this.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 pm 

I know nothing about seidr, but I don't fear magical paths. I've had good success with magic.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys