Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Going into trance or dream re-entry
 Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:47 am 

Hello all,

I was trying to go into dream re-entry but I dont seem to ever be able to. What I do is try to focus on my breath while listening to drummings and imagine the dream I want to re-enter. Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 pm 

Also how do you know yourself? Are there practices similar to buddhist practice in gaining insights and knowing yourself?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 am 

On your first comment,intent is important,why do you want to revisit a dream?
On your second comment the answer is < much fancy hand waving>,,,Time'''.The spirit will train you,your job is to pay attention and be respectful,back to the first comment,I think your confusing Journeying with dreaming,when your dreaming you may be journeying but when you journey you are not dreaming,there are many aides to help you dream,different crystals and plants and what not,journeying is not the same,when you attempt to journey you must envision your intent and then let it go,your spirit guide will take you were you need to go,however,many times were we think we need to go and were we really need to go are not the same,back to the second question,the problem with knowing your self is the same as why arent there more young shaman,its easy to recognize the good in each of us but noone wants to see the dark half of our lives,you must be able to accept the consequences of who and what we are,this can be traumatic and dangerouse ,this journey is often called the red road,the road of blood and life,how to live with yourself and the world around you,once you know these things you can choose to stay on the red road or advance to the black road,the black road is within you,there are a thousand books and opinions,each one of us has to find our own way,another person can tell you their opinion of the way that they've experienced things but its going to come down to you and how you interpret and work things into your reality,a vision quest will help you a lot.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:38 pm 

Hello anthony,

Thanks for the response you have been very helpful. Do you know of any types of charms or something I could wear that would help me dream? I should have listen to my wife who told me journeying was different then dreaming.

I just ordered two books by Robert Moss one is on dreamers guide to death and dying and the other one is about a native american tribe and their shamanistic guide to soul. Hopefully these will allow me to be familiar with the shamanic way.

I wish i was not so closed minded in the past I was missing out on a whole new world.

with peace and love
-juan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm 

A Herkimer Diamond,the spelling may be off,its a quartz crystal from upstate new york,you only need about a two inch piece so dont spend more than you need to,soak it in non chlorinated water and sea salt for one week,this purifies the stone,removes any latent energy that may be present from whoever came in contact with it before,after soaking it for a week dry it off and when you go to sleep have it in your hand under your pillow,dont worry about dropping it in your sleep,this is an energy stone and it becomes atuned to you in this way,keep it with you during the day for the first week and about 1/2 hour before bed soak it in the sea water,keep a pad and pencil by your bed and a small pen light so you wont disturb anyone,write down everything you remember but dont try to interpret anything or dwell on any specific point,after 1 month of douing this review your book,some people are over sensitive to herkimers,if you dont dream after two weeks its time to switch stones,a plain white quartz may work but it needs to be a single piece not a cluster,if thats negative you will need to find your totem stone,this is determined by your birth date like a birth stone ,there is a book called <dreaming with the wheel> by Wabun Wind,I think this is the book for you,save all of the things that dont seem to work because they have more than one use,sometimes they wiork better in conjunction with something else,Mine is Obsidion and quartz,obsidion is my totem stone and gives me some protection and the quartz stores power,when I use them together its like a battery and a tape recorder,weird but its what works for me,let me say again that its important for you not to try to interpret a dream that youve just had unless you have help from a dreammaster,you could put a lot of people through a lot of stress unnecesarily,used book store could save you a lot,its a pretty old book though,Good luck and I hope that it helps. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:50 pm 

Hello anthony,

Excellent response. I will definately look into it. I have been having trouble remembering dreams lately. I think I need to take the time in the morning before moving when I wake up and try to remember in detail any of the dreams I may of have. I will definatley need perhaps help from outer objects like the Herkimer Diamond or another source :)

Thank you for the informative response
-juan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am 

something else you could try is some breath work before you go to sleep:

- lay down
- breathe in slowly to the count of 7
- hold that breath for 7 counts
- exhale slowly for 7 counts
- hold your breath for 7 more counts

this is one "set"
do 7 sets of this exercise

This opens your body and mind into a meditative state; notice your dreams

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 pm 

Thank you Rachara El. I am going to try this tonight. Today I also received in the mail the Robert Moss book on Dreamers guide to death and dying. I cant wait to try the breathing technique. I hope the spirits will guide me because I need it very much now.

:)
-juan

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys