Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: First Journey
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 pm 

I am very new to all of this, but after a few failed attempts I managed to get into my trance. I feel a need to share this with people who would understand.
It was a really fantastic experience. I began on this gorgeous outcrop of rock covered in high grass, it was fresh and bright there. A path opened for me, dark but in an inviting, adventurous sense, nothing threatening. As I followed it I could feel a shadow playing with me, laughing at me but again, not in a cruel way. There was a hedge and through it the ocean. I had thought of visiting the water to search for my Power Animal. But nothing stayed with me, in fact the sand of the ocean turned into grass again and I found myself at a pond with a sense that, lovely as it was, it wasn't for me to stay. I followed a new path, going back up into old forest and mountains.The shadow was back, teasing me for having visited the water.
Eventually this beautiful grey-white fox, lean and long, with small black markings on his face, popped out and began circling my feet. We ran and played together and came to a secretive little space between two very old trees. It was very safe there and as two children sharing secrets, we whispered it would be our sanctuary. I came back to myself feeling a bit giddy and promptly drew my fox friend and the little 'sanctuary' in my journal. I'm still feeling very excited and need to remind myself to take things slow, that I'm new to this and have much to learn.
Are sanctuaries a common thing to come across? Either way, it's a great feeling to be able to share this.

Post subject: Re: First Journey
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm 

This is a beautiful journey, a gentle and open first meeting. So now, how will your honour your ally? You have drawn him which is wonderful and now have you been researching? Finding out all about your ally, building an understanding, what they eat, where they live, their life cycle, when do they mate, do they mate for life, how many offspring do they have, do they hibernate, dig dens kill their own food or scavenge? What are the myths and stories from all around the world which relate to your ally? How do other cultures see him?

To answer your question, yes a sanctuary is common, a safe place where we can venture from and come back to is very common indeed.

:)

Post subject: Re: First Journey
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:54 pm 

Thank you for the reply! I've done a teensy bit of reading, but hadn't really thought to look up all these things. It's a marvelous idea and I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. :)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys