Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Feelings of "spinning"
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 pm 

Hi there. I'm new to the forums, but have lurked for quite some time. After an unexplainable experience last night, I felt it was time to join these forums and see if anyone had experienced the same sort of thing I did.

Last night, I used my Shaman Oracle card set to do a self reading, partially for practice in attuning myself with the cards, but also looking for some answers. After I wrote down the results of the reading in my journal, I decided to journey on the topic.

I plugged in my headphones and began listening to a drum track. Quickly, I felt my body begin to relax. As flashes of white began to come over the back of my eyes, I also started to feel a spinning sensation, starting at the apex of my forehead and moving down my body. I have read many explanations for this, but none seem to make much sense to me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Post subject: Re: Feelings of "spinning"
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 am 

I've not read any explanations... but you are not alone. I often "spin in" as I journey.

—TrailBear.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:23 pm 

Yes, I think it's quite common. The spirals we see in so much rock art also attest to this phenomenon.

Spinning is also associated with out of body experiences.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:25 pm 

wow.

when i was really young, maybe seven or eight, i used to get night-terrors. they were always of spinning into a pit and i would wake up dizzy. i had interpreted these visions (they did not have that dream quality, you know what i mean) as falling into hell. that was my catholic upbringing. for many years i took these visions to mean that i was essentially a bad person. now i am wondering if it was the lower world calling to me at such a young age. did my catholicism succeed in squelching a budding shaman? (yeah, like the spirits would have allowed me to get away...it just took me longer.)

as an experiment, i am now going to do some dervish twirling and see where that gets me.

has anyone else felt spiritual efforts in their childhood? it took me nearly thirty years to wake up, but now i understand their influence in my life from way back. it explains a lot of weird events.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:04 pm 

sonoffox wrote:
has anyone else felt spiritual efforts in their childhood? it took me nearly thirty years to wake up, but now i understand their influence in my life from way back. it explains a lot of weird events.

Oh yes, from the age of 6 I had recurring dreams of going down into the earth, big pits dug in the ground by the sea and nobody else could come down there with me. Other dreams of flying, talking animals - you name it. Back then, like you. all I had was Christianity all around me and although born into a Catholic family, I ended up in the Methodist chapel (long story) training for the Methodist ministry when in my teens. That wasn't the way and so for 20+ years I lost my way. Talk about late starters! Yes, there are lots of us Sonoffox.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm 

Forest Child wrote:
sonoffox wrote:
I ended up in the Methodist chapel (long story) training for the Methodist ministry when in my teens.

lol...yep, i was supposed to become a priest. i'm not into criticizing other peoples beliefs, but christianity seems to have a way of dominating the spirit.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys