Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Re: Drumless Journeying
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:46 pm 

Quote:
...working with drums at Earth energy vortices

Drumming at Sacred sites is of course very common but one rarely hears of drumming at Earth energy vortices, so it will be great to hear of your experiences (or those of others), Will.

I am planning a drumming event at an Earth energy vortex in the UK this summer - a sacred site going back to Iron Age times or possibly earlier. It is an underground chamber which was adapted and used for a century or so by the Knights Templar in the Middle Ages. The walls are adorned by mysterious carvings with Templar symbolism but which no-one has ever been able to adequately explain. This subterranium chamber is at one of the exact locations where England's main Ley lines - The Michael and Mary lines - intersect.
See: Ley Lines of Britain

My interest in this flows from a very powerful healing experience I had some years ago while dowsing a location where the Mary Line is crossed by a subsidiary line and thereby gives rise to a vertical energy vortex. As I stood on this point with my dowsing rod I had the experience of being energetically "zapped" [the intense vertical energy flow seemed to hit a block in my energy field] creating a sudden state of mental "fog" such that I had little idea of who I was or where I was. Luckily an energy-healer friend was with me and quickly guided me to a nearby peaceful spot while pressing the stress-support point in the web of my thumb. I felt a very, very deep pain of emotional/spiritual/physical anguish flowing through me - far too deep and intensely painful for me to reach or release in normal circumstances. The pain was related to a severely traumatic life-event I had suffered 10 years previously. I thought that I had grieved and released this event, but now realised there had been a residual pain so deep and agonising that in normal circumstances I would not have been able to even contemplate it - let alone bear it. As my agonising soul-pain was released down into the earth, a sense of clarity and peace [purification] spread through me.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm 

Wow BrotherMichael, sounds real interesting to have a group drumming event at that chamber, please send on an details when you have them. I have done group drumming inside some of the old Cairns here in Ireland, always powerful, they each hold such different energies. The stones inside the Cairns produce excellent acoustics, and the vibration seems to activate them. So much information and teaching are held within the stones, imprinted, just waiting to be awoken.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:00 pm 

Thanks for your interest, Will. The chamber cannot be visited during the winter because it is prone to flooding, so we have to wait until the late Spring. The dates of the coming event there, and at the energy vortex on the Mary ley line I mentioned, will be announced in a future issue of "Positive Living with Your Inner Shaman" [you can join the free mailing list] and on our Shamanism Events Listing.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys