Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Does anybody know how to shapeshift??
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:43 pm 

I've tried Celtic Shamanic shapeshifting but I don't feel like I've shifted. Does anyone have any advice or shapeshifting journey?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:25 pm 

I'm working on that, actually... I think there are several ways of doing so:

- Unwillingly: you go through a situation, some kind of mystical journey or trance and you find yourself 'shapeshifting' (that your spirit and movements are the same as , e.g., an eagle (my favourite one) or a reptile (still trying to get looser on that), and that's often wonderful and liberating, or that you have to do so (to shapeshift) to mentally and physically survive in a specific situation, journey, trance (in this case the reward is to merely survive and become stronger).
-Willingly: you prepare a situation, journey, trance, etc. in which you write some kind of script through preparation (outfit, spells, enchantment, music, images, etc). This is more complex, bcause when a shaman comes to the point in which he feels he's in control it becomes more likely that (unless he has a huge preparation and ability of focusing) some parts of his consciousness become too aware of the situation and then the whole thing turns banal, maybe too related with some lines of thought of the uninitiated, too 'western', if you want... leaving the shaman in doubt whether what he's experienced was 'true' in terms of spontaneity or it was a trick of the mind, like a child when he's playing and copies elders' activities.

Of course, there's always the unexpected in a experience like that, but I think the best way to 'shapeshift' is to use your imagination to stimulate yourself as a shaman, not an actor, in the first steps of the experience and channel in a true free all the energy that comes out of yourself, connect it to other sources, and, say, flow, experience the metamorphosis and 'ride the wave' until you feel the process is coming to an end

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:51 am 

shapeshifting,in my understandingthis is a two part partnership,you have to find your Nahuali,probably not spelling it correctly,its not important,humans are not the only people who are shamans,each species of plant and animal as well as minerals have their own versions of this,to be able to shapeshift you must capture or reach an agreement with one of these,this can take years,usualy when you start to actively seek your Nahuali the one that chooses you will test you,many times,there must be a trust developed,you must be worth their surrender of shape and will more than vice versa,these are not typical plants and animals,there must be an underlying afinity between you ,the nahuali will try to take you over,if you win you will be a shapeshifter if you lose you will become a nahuali and will lose yourself to that form,becomming a were beast that never changes back,this wont make you an evil person any more than you already were,you need a guide to prepare you for the trials to come,if you dont know who you are its hard to get back to you,especialy when your caught up in the extacy of shifting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:28 am 

Ah.. an Aztec Shaman? How do I get in touch with my Nahuali. Is my Nahuali the same as my animal totem???

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:32 am 

In the old days it was like a vision quest,but instead of lasting a week to 3 days it would or could take a few days to a few years,wandering the wilderness or unpopulated areas iether alone or with someone that you have a personal connection with,it gives you an anchor as it were to return to your true form,but there are things that they need to know to protect themselves during your struggle for dominance,instinctive reactions to a percieved threat real or not could be fatal,an ant nahuali while seeming to be quite insignificant is very very strong,No a nahuali is not the same as a totem,during your quest you will be tested,before you go you may have dreams about a certain type of animal,you must seek them out in their own world,be very respectful but dont forget the nature of what you seek,sometimes eating and living as they do will atract their attention,nahualis want to be in control or dominant,same as you,this could be a struggle for your very life,and the thing that you want most could be the last thing you see.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:25 am 

Is there a meditation you can tell me that help me meet my Nahuali?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am 

I dont know of a meditation that will help meet a nahuali but there is one that i heard for holding one once you do meet but I think its personalized,It would be better for you to have your own,a part of you that will be chosen or rejected,the picture of your intent,that way its something that touches both of you and will be a comfort and a key later on.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 am 

I am not familiar withe the term nahuali, but I am with Nagual. The definistion below is copied from Wikipedia:

"Among Mesoamerican indiogenous, a Nagual or Nahual (both pronounced [na'wal]) is a human being who has familiar animals or spirits and/or the power to magically adopt animal forms. Often, though not invariably, these animals are large and powefull like pumas, jaguars, horses, turkeys and dogs. The Nagual can then use his powers for good or evil according to his personality."

Finding your Nagual is very similar to a journey to find your Power Animal or Spirit Guide. Carlos Castenda stories are based on this.

Post subject: Shape shifting...
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am 

Just an aside, as a Yaqui, I can tell you that many of us find Casteneda's
stories an affront to our people (my mom used to spit when his name was mentioned) and that they are purely that, just stories with little or no basis in fact. They do not present the overall view of the Yaqui people.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 am 

Just an aside, as a Yaqui, I can tell you that many of us find Casteneda's
stories an affront to our people (my mom used to spit when his name was mentioned) and that they are purely that, just stories with little or no basis in fact. They do not present the overall view of the Yaqui people.

Post subject: Re: Shape shifting...
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:26 am 

Windtalker wrote:
Just an aside, as a Yaqui, I can tell you that many of us find Casteneda's stories an affront to our people...

It is not my intention to offend, I was just offering the definition of Nagual as it is given in Wikipedia.

And as far as Casteneda goes, I did say stories, not teachings. I do not confuse the two.

Post subject: Shapeshifting....
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:23 pm 

No offense taken, none intended, and yes, you did say stories. Most refer to them as teaching. But my post was to simply state fact from another POV!
Since there are different levels of shapeshifting I tend to keep out of the fray on that topic. The Casteneda reference did pique my interest, though. I used to live on property where a "dark entity" roamed but I don't know if it was a Nagual or not. I fought with it one time and that was enough. When it left my house there were large bird like tracks (7" wide) left in the carpet. Now that I think about it, it may have been the forerunner of my own power animal, the peacock, who would show himself a few years later. But I am curious to know how one would know if they have met a Nagual since like many shaman or medicine people I have run across, they really don't identify themselves as such. Word of mouth (or beak) I presume? Hmmm....
Have a wunnerful day!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:26 am 

Hmmm. that sounds interesting. Spirtis also shapechange. One friend met her helper first time at the form of hairy gorilla, which she scared, when gorilla tried to catch her. Later on gorilla took less scary form of a man.

I am not in general interested in shapeshifting, cause once spirit or energy came such a force into my body, I just could do nothing but tremble, it was like a huge snake, twisting and rotating my spine and body uncontrolled. Nothing funny with that. That large snake also bite me with poison and I get killed, burned, then drifted up to skyes as a smoke.

There was nothing cool with the experience.

Sometimes I have tried to dance poweranimal, but it did not work. Instead I may find that spiritpower, when running at woods and just tap into it. Let the insticts rise and perception change into state where is no thoughts, only perceptions, insticts, and action just follow those.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 am 

Nevermind. Now that I remember the whole incident, it was not my P/A.
This thing was a "regional" entity that roamed the grounds. (the townhome tract was built on an old swamp where animals were occasionally sacrificed) It tormented my friend's family from time to time and actually pushed his little boy out the second story window. He fought with it on a couple of occasions and had the house blessed twice. Unfortunately since it didn't live there it didn't help. Other neighbors said they had similar experiences so that's how they knew it made the land it's "stomping ground." Of course, he didn't tell me this until "AFTER" I had my own encounter with it. They thought it had left after they moved out and rented me the house. Obviously it hadn't. Yes, dancing your P/A can be a hit and miss proposition, but just like anything else worth doing, just keep at it. My P/A shows up sometimes when I am dancing in the pow wow circle which makes for some interesting dancing. Don't you just love those moments when spirit takes ahold of you when you least expect it. Blessings!

Post subject: Re: Does anybody know how to shapeshift??
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 pm 

Darkwolf94 wrote:
I've tried Celtic Shamanic shapeshifting but I don't feel like I've shifted. Does anyone have any advice or shapeshifting journey?

I've written four shapeshift meditations. There are binaural subaudible beats to take you under quickly. Try them with headphones. I hope you enjoy them, they're free to download:

http://www.willfortune.com/PeaksExperiences

If it's not what you're looking for, scroll on by! :)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys