Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 pm 

I think Jenny Craig still does the shape shiting thing.

Post subject: Shape shifting!
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am 

It can be done with the state of mind that you are what you want to be and dont want to be!! To let go of what is real and believe in crossing through the veil truely seeing who you can be! And then and only then can you shapeshift!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:43 pm 

another way for shapeshifting, as i Know it:
first make clear in wich animal you like to "shape in".
Make your body empty of beeing a humanbody, and be prepared to achieve the spirit of the animal: the way it hears, sees, moves,
Than ask the higher spirits of the animal or plant you like to shapeshift in, to come.
If you ask for a panter, go on the ground, hands and knees, and move like a panter wich is crawling trough the rainforest. Here the rainforest, feel the branches, feel the earth under your feet, smell it, see that your eyes can see much more far than a human eye, pretend (focust attention) if you have the feeling you like to snore ore make another noise like panters do, do it.
So you make deep connection with the cats identity, as long as if you feel yourselves slipping in some sort of trance.
And if you are lucky, you have a glimps of an different way of seeing the world, in a different color spectrum than human eyes do,
or you have the feeling of imens smell, much different than human do,
maybe you have the feeling you would like to eat raw meat ( so dont put any raw steak or beef in the fridge, you might wake up with your mouth full of raw meat.)
As far as i know, it takes practice over and over again.

Some shamans connect with the living animal they want to shapeshift in,and kill it, and the moment the spirit/soul of the animal is leaving the body of the animal, they take in the spirit with their breath.
But i would not choose for that way.

Have fun!

Post subject: Re: Does anybody know how to shapeshift??
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:24 pm 

I personally had a experience with shape shifting into Jaguar -- quite frankly it was totally unexpected and extremely intense (but amazing!). It was during an Ayahuasca journey in the Amazon jungle, my 6th journey. Of course it could have been very likely just my energetic body shifting, but powerful nonetheless.

But before explaining more about that, I did just finish reading "Shapeshifting: Techniques for Personal and Global Transformation" by John Perkins (you can get it on Amazon.com or other sites). It's a broader scope book, but does talk about shape shifting in a variety of forms -- not just the physical form but energetic and mental -- and "how to". It helped me see it in a new way and new approach to shapeshifting / merging energetically into anything we wish.

My personal shift experience:

I was in the Amazon jungle specifically to work with the ayahuasceros. I had been working with one curandero for a while and that night had specifically told him in my broken Spanish that on this night it was my desire to "learn more about Jaguar medicine". He had smiled at me with a gleam in his eye, so perhaps I should have known I was in for an interesting night. My intent on that trip had been to expand my skills and wisdom as a Shaman practitioner so I could better help others.

About 1 hour or so into the experience, after some sickness & the usual chaotic beginnings, I was leaning over my bucket in the near pitch dark of the hut, hands on either side of the bowl with my head hanging down waiting for the wave of nausea to end so I could lay down and journey (I always have intense visions), but instead I suddenly had a feeling of a someone - or something - standing behind me. It was an unmistakable feeling of something hovering right behind me, I tried turning my head around to see who (or what) was standing behind me, expecting to see the Shaman. But in the next instant I felt this intense feeling of an animal's front legs step in to both of my arms, which were now glued to the ground in front of me. My arms suddenly felt like they weighed 100 pounds a piece. When I looked down, all I could see were two big black furry paws and my "arms" were also all black fur. I tried closing my eyes, shaking my head and re-opening them thinking it would go away, but it was still paws & fur and a heaviness of the weight of my arms.

Over the next few minutes - or perhaps a lot longer, who knows - my entire body continued to shift, contort, and morph (somewhat painfully I may add, as I was scared and resisting it at first) until such time I found myself - eyes open OR closed - completely residing within a jaguar body. I had literally felt my nose flatten, my jaw push forward, and even at one point felt whiskers push out through the skin on my cheeks and could suddenly sense the moisture in the air. I then found myself leaping my way through the jungle, seeing in the dark, and tracking things in the forest. I could feel the push/pull of my energetic body trying hard to stay in this physical form. I was shaky and at first found it hard to walk. But my guides (or whomever was guiding me on this journey) kept encouraging me to walk faster, leap, and try harder to stay within this form. It was exhilarating but totally exhausting, I couldn't hold it that long as I kept getting really shaky and pukey feeling. I finally was able to come back to my physical self and rest deeply. I felt all my muscles re-shift and, almost as quickly as it came in, I was back in "me", completely normal but totally exhausted. I lay down and went into a very deep sleep. When I awoke my beautiful journeys carried me into deeper learnings about using jaguar medicine in my Shaman work.

So: it was by far the most powerful and intense experience I had ever had -- especially since it was not expected or asked for specifically. It was ultimately so beautiful though and taught me a lot about seeing in the dark and tracking, two skills I use extensively in my Shaman practice. Its an experience I will carry with me forever.

I guess it could be debated that this was simply an energetic journey by my mind, but it was nonetheless powerful physically and an experience granted to me that I deeply honor.

Last edited by RainbowStarShaman on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 am 

Hello all,
I agree all above posts and I personally had a experience with shape shifting into Jaguar -- quite frankly it was unexpected and extremely intense (but amazing!). It was during an Ayahuasca journey in the Amazon jungle.........

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:47 am 

sorry,
but i can't believe in this
it is not possible at all.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:09 pm 

Where can I read more about shapeshifting? I am afraid I would need some foundation, while you guys seemed to master it all already.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 pm 

intern wrote:
Where can I read more about shapeshifting?

Go to the "UK Shamanism Today" group on Facebook and follow the "Wall" thread which begins:

"When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one..."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:42 pm 

I don't know the ins and outs of shapeshifting mainly because most of the shaman books that I have read only briefly discuss shapeshifting. It seems like it is something that takes a long time to perfect. I have worked on certain aspects of shapeshifting for several years and have made some progress but I have in no way mastered it. I do remember last summer that I was in a journey and I shapeshifted into an eagle. It was beautiful and very real. I went all over the mountains and down into the valleys, but then a sudden crack of thunder pulled me out of my meditative state and I lost the vision. I have tried to repeat the vision several times but have not had the succes in it that I did last summer. However, there was a strong divine effect on me from that vision. Since that time I have felt so much closer to what I call the Great Spirit.

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 pm 

Shaman Hawk wrote:
I think Jenny Craig still does the shape shiting thing.

oh... this is just choice... LMAO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:30 pm 

Here in the Southwest U.S., shapeshifters/skinwalkers are killed when discovered. This is because it requires the death of a human to gather enough power to make the physical transformation. We do not support such activities.

Blessings,
~Nick

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:11 pm 

Shapeshifting takes practice. And it helps to start small, with the help of this dimension's shape shift masters - cats. Here's a recommendation: get down on your hands and knees with some kittens, or young cats (even one playful cat would do) and begin playing.

Cats are very very good at imagining that your hand or sock or twig or whatever toy is handy, including your hand, is a gopher, snake, mouse, or bird - and as you get into it, you will begin to share the perceptual fun that is shapeshifting. Back and forth - snake/human, mouse/human, bird/human.

With cats, a single crow feather is enough to turn YOU into a crow.

From there, you can practice flying up and joining the local crows - but always ask their permission first, because crows are familial and territorial - and to be one of them, you must be respectful. They'll be curious, and you will learn a great deal.

Start with this, and you'll be shape shifting with jaguars and eagles in no time!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 pm 

To begin shapeshifting I think it is usually good to start with a dismemberment. It helps you break down your energy a bit.

I would also suggest you journey to your guide or power animal and ask them for a visual representation of what you are trying to change into. Something abstract might help you get your mind out of the way.

When you are shapeshifting you are working at the level where things are made. That is why another respondant mentioned when the two become one. On this level there is no true differentation and you can then change the structure of what is made to make it into the new, ie to perform a shapeshift.

You could try having a dismemberment and then merging with the thing that you want to shapeshift into (or its symbol) and return to your body in the merged state.

I would ask why you are trying to shapeshift? Is it just to have an experience. This is not always bad, but it seems to me that when you are working with such powerful lets call it magic for the moment, you should have a purpose, or make sure you have an integrity to doing the work. By this I mean having a soundness to your purposes. You may wish to discuss this with your spirit guides as well.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:44 am 

My experience in shape shifting comes from several sources. I was trained in Gardenarian wicca and in Taoist alchemy. But I also spent 20 years as a zoologist, working with hundreds of species of animals in captivity and in the wild (Central America). I ran an animal importing company to bring in animals from areas that were being destroyed, to breed them, and lived in the compound for many years. For much of my life I spent much more time with animals than with people and preferred to do so. When I began learning "official" methods of shape-shifting, the consciousness of the various species were already embedded in me and so it seemed like a natural thing to do. A good friend of mine is a teacher of Native American tradition and healing and so I got some sense of his tradition while helping him with his work for a few years. When I visited Central America several times for a few months at a time, I learned from people down there. I think that the perspective from Taoist Alchemy may be the most helpful in this discussion. In the system I learned, the arts of "interpenetration" and "soaring" is very similar to shape shifting. Interpenetration consists of merging your attention (consciousness) with your own body so that attention and flesh merge. You then fill another person with your attention and keep your attention very quiet and even. Usually the attention and internal energy (chi) of the other person is not quiet but chaotic and you can feel the patterns of their attention and chi because it stands out against the quietness of your attention. In this way you can diagnose the patient. Since your attention and flesh have merged in a certain way, you can then effect healing on the patient through unravelling the twisted knots of their energy by using your attention within their body. In order to develop skill in this way, you practice by interpenetrating with animals. You allow their attention to penetrate you and you can feel the chaotic energy within yourself against their steady attention. In addition, their attention can penetrate parts of you that even your own attention has trouble penetrating. In other words, parts of you are frozen or hidden from yourself. Working with animals opens up those areas. That is why staring at a snake may be uncomfortable. They can penetrate you very effectively. As you are doing this, you practice letting go of the hold on your own attention. We normally freeze and hold onto attention and letting go is a very big part of Taoist Alchemy and Tai-chi practice in general. As you let go, you find that a switch takes place. The animal's consciousness jumps into you and yours into him. This is something that animals are comfortable with, but only with people whose attention is fairly quiet and stable (which is very few people). I'm talking of course about live, fleshy animals rather than a spirit animal. But working with animals in this way is very helpful with shape shifting because it allows you to let go of your patterns of consciounsess and allow another spirit to enter. It also gives you an understanding of the entire "continuum of consciousness" and how consciousness can vary, and to be comfortable with that. I've described this process as part of my novel, "The Doubting Snake" and write extensively about it on the website, www.movementsofmagic.org. I think the main difficulty in shape shifting is being willing to let go of your particular pattern of consciousness and allow another in. That is the same problem in human relationships. Each person's spirit is a little different and each culture's spirit is a little different. Wars are fought over those differences and I think the war against nature our society is waging is partially due to the lack of respect that the consciousness of other species is part of the earth's consciousness. We are a society of isolated consciousnesses and find it hard to be open. Shape shifting is a very spiritual practice that can lead to more harmony in a society.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys