Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Curisity and ... cats...
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 pm 

I had been researching burial mounds and barrows, pshchopomps and veneration of the dead the night before. So, when I woke up the next morning after dreaming of barrows I shouldn't have been surprise.

It was a vivid dream, complete and contextual in the references to a burial mound with surrounding dolmens and an internal cist tomb (contents not clarified and layout not certain).

I woke in a sudden rush with an ill defined sense of purpose. The mound was full of cats as they roamed in and out of the mound, rubbed against and wove through the dolmens. The image was only a brief flash as one thought entered my head crystal clear... "The Feast of the Cats".

It was clear the cats represented guardians and guides of the dead. Not so much a literal Psychopomp, but in a similar manner. The impression was clear that the cats were and still are providing a service to the dead, and that 'The Feast of Cats" should be some version ceremony festival that honors their service.

I have spent the last three days looking for anything dealing with cats in this respect. I was not surprised to find references to Bastet, where cats literally are the guardians of the dead. I had not been aware of a Hindu reference that I have yet to verify, and could not find anything at all on the one reference I could find to Finnish myths of cats as guides of the deceased (which surprised me to no end as I was under the impression that job belonged to the Valkyrie).

If anyone has any information that will help, or knows more about something like this, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 am 

No info or base, but have you tried Egypt?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys