Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Communicating with nature spirits
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 pm 

Hello

Coming from a 'celtic' background, and having studied lots of Gaelic literature, I've become interested in fairies and trees and the alike.

So when I was young, I heard many celtic stories, then I became interested in linguistics and began to realise that these stories of nature spirits were in fact worldwide. So I wondered if there was truth, and I found there to be such.
I live in a beautiful part of the country, to the north are biggish mountains, in my village there are fields and a lot of woodland which I venture into often, so I'm very much in contact with nature.
But how can I see more of what's going on in the forest on an underworld level? Am I to sit beneath a tree and listen? I have tried this, but probably not hard enough. Am I trying too hard?

regards

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 am 

But how can I see more of what's going on in the forest on an underworld level? Am I to sit beneath a tree and listen?

Yes,at night.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:56 pm 

Over the many years of doing and teaching shamanic stuff, I have come to realize that not all of us get information from spirit the same way. So I find that the hard part for most folks is to learn how we are personally getting information from spirit. Some see, some smell, some feel, some just seem to know somehow. Myself I get hot and start making wind sounds when spirits are close. then it settles down to the job at hand and information can come in all of the above ways, but mostly for me, I trust my feelings. I would say that it works the best when I am just being and not doing. That usually means no coffee. Coffee takes me to a bit of a buz and the information is zoned out. Following my breath in and out seems to be the best way to just be, that does not mean controlling it, but just following it.
Hope this helps, Tom.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys