Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Coffee causes "hallucinations" ?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:34 pm 

Last edited by stitcherman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm 

I recently saw an article about coffee and mild hallucinations. I too enjoy the brew, but haven't noticed anything unusual. When I close my eyes, I always see a color collage, usually of gold to brown hues, and often tiny ones peeking at me with glowing eyes, or a glimpse of a face, or leaves or blossoms. It doesn't seem to depend on coffee. Sometimes I can penetrate to a place "behind" the dots, but it is hard to maintain it because any evocative moment knocks me back. One time I marvelled at foreign writing across my entire field of closed-eye vision. The strange symbols formed concentric rings and in the center they raced from right to left rapidly. The writing was fluid, calligraphic, black ink on amber.

Although I don't find meaning, yet, by the collages, it helps me at night to transfer my attention away from the day and slip into slumber.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:50 pm 

Hi! Interesting posting!

As far as the effects of coffee are concerned, check out this very funny, but also very revealing online video:
www.sunflower-health.com/courses/anger.htm

Re: The collages you see when you close your eyes [not dependent on coffee]...

I am familiar with these and also find them very helpful. Plain colours give me useful information about accumulated held-in energies that I need to connect with, and express e.g. green for love, purple for spirituality, red for rage, gold for generosity. Patterns reflect the state of integration or fragmentation of my psyche. Carl Jung, the great psychologist [and student/practitioner of shamanism!] found that his patients experienced visions and dreams of beautiful symmetrical patterns [like Buddhist mandelas] as they began to recover from psychological breakdown.

>>>One time I marvelled at foreign writing across my entire field of closed-eye vision.

It is easier to see images [visions and energy patterns] in the unconscious mind when the eyes are closed and this can be a tool for "communication between"/"integration of" conscious and unconscious dimensions of the mind.

Post subject: Re: Coffee causes "hallucinations" ?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:26 pm 

I love using coffee for journeys, but over doing obviously will make your stomach hurt and you'll have to go to the bathroom too much. espresso works better for me than cannabis, no joke.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:07 pm 

I find this very interesting because I've noticed that if I drink coffee for a few days in a row I will enter a rather dream-like waking state and my intuition will seem heightened. I don't know anyone else who is affected the same way, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone in finding coffee psychoactive.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:03 am 

I find it to be beneficial and I like that its not intoxicating because that kind of effect doesn't really work for me. I really do recommend it over more powerful chemicals, lets you learn to do it yourself a little better. I would not use the word hallucination.

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 am 

5010 wrote:
I recently saw an article about coffee and mild hallucinations. I too enjoy the brew, but haven't noticed anything unusual. When I close my eyes, I always see a color collage, usually of gold to brown hues, and often tiny ones peeking at me with glowing eyes, or a glimpse of a face, or leaves or blossoms. It doesn't seem to depend on coffee. Sometimes I can penetrate to a place "behind" the dots, but it is hard to maintain it because any evocative moment knocks me back. One time I marvelled at foreign writing across my entire field of closed-eye vision. The strange symbols formed concentric rings and in the center they raced from right to left rapidly. The writing was fluid, calligraphic, black ink on amber.

Although I don't find meaning, yet, by the collages, it helps me at night to transfer my attention away from the day and slip into slumber.

I'm not a coffee drinker. In fact I've never had a single sip in my whole life. So I don't have much reason to post in this thread. But... I noticed the discussion about the patterns seen with closed eyes, known scientifically as 'phosphenes', they are a tremendous teller of the energy play both within you and with your surrounding interactions. I find them quite clear on things like 'sensing presence', and I highly recommend them over the crutch of any substance in journey/quest work. I dare say even coffee knowing my lack of experience there. :)

~Owl

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 pm 

Thank-you Owl for telling us about 'phosphenes'. I found this interesting article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphenes

Some years ago, after entering an insightful state - after a period of Vipassana meditation - I felt a desire to drink a cup of coffee and as I picked it up to drink, I suddenly glimpsed a flash of "projection" of my personal shadow-self. My projected subconscious impulse was an aggressive one - a desire to hit out, becoming sublimated into a RETRO-PROJECTED urge to "kick myself" by means of the caffeinated bitterness of the coffee.

Subsequently I watched myself more closely on occasions when I had a strong "coffee craving" and was able to catch this instant flash of "self-harming" projection on other occasions. I also noticed how other people often spoke of using coffee to give themselves a "kick" or a wake-up "shot".

Although I now realised that my coffee cravings were not healthy and I was aware of the physical and mental/social harm that high usage of coffee and caffeine can do, I did not know at that time how to transform the energy of cravings.

However, by pure chance, a year or two later, I found myself investigating and healing the issue of "bitterness" in my life [for example a past divorce that had left a legacy of bitterness - but also touched on early-life "bitter" experiences]. To my amazement, after doing this self-awareness/healing work on my held-in "bitterness", I now found that coffee tasted extremely bitter!! I was able to give it up instantly without any kind of struggle and replace it with milder drinks.

I still love the wonderful smell of coffee, and have no problem in doing coffees for others, but have no urge to drink it myself - not for 4 years now. Having drunk an ocean of coffee in my earlier life, I am glad to give my stomach lining [and my often over-stimulated brain!] a break now!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:34 pm 

I lately saw an post about flavored coffee and mild hallucinations. I as well take satisfaction in the brew, but haven't observed something unusual. When I near my eyes, I continually see a colour collage, ordinarily of gold to brown hues, and normally tiny kinds peeking at me with glowing eyes, or even a glimpse of the face, or leaves or blossoms. It doesn't appear to depend on coffee. occasionally I can penetrate to some spot "behind" the dots, however it is difficult to sustain it since any evocative instant knocks me back. 1 time I marvelled at overseas composing throughout my whole area of closed-eye vision. The unusual symbols shaped concentric rings and while in the middle they raced from perfect to left rapidly. The composing was fluid, calligraphic, dark ink on amber.

cheap polo shirt
Men's Ralph Lauren Shorts
Women's RL Polo Shirts

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:22 am 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your point of appearance is so admirable, and I feel actual absorbing. I accept a lot of adolescent abstraction area you get the acknowledgment, I will abide to focus on your posts, I achievement you can abide to amend, I will put my appearances and abstractions to allotment with you.

tory burch spam http://www.mytoryburchsales.com/
Cheap Tory Burch Handbags http://www.mytoryburchsales.com/tory-burch-handbags-c-105.html
Green Weight Loss Tea http://www.slimmingshops.com/
p57 hoodia http://www.slimmingshops.com/p57-c-18.html

Post subject: Re: Re:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:25 am 

Owl wrote:

I highly recommend them over the crutch of any substance in journey/quest work.

~Owl

YES

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm 

This will obviously hurt your stomach, you have to go to the bathroom too much. Coffee for me than marijuana, no joke.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys