Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Beware the Shadow Stalker!!
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm 

In Blaze's thread about difficulty getting started, I felt what I had recently learned about the Shadow Stalker from the writings of Carlos Castenada on a blog, would be a good offering to bring some relief to a problem. At least dump some unecessary pain associated with it, because it brings plenty of necessary pain on its own.

By that I mean solving these problems is a pain, not solving them is a pain, we have to pick our pain. By avoiding pain, we add more problems to mask the pain. This is well documented in the Road Less Travelled, by M. Scott Peck, who might have gone barking mad in the end, but in the beginning he made good sense, and still does in that respect.

For any of us needing to quickly deal with Shadow Stalkers, it's obvious that we have to recognize them to start with, then figure out just what path they want to bump us off.

The really aggressive ones are perhaps a blessing in disguise, because if you can get past your urge to smack them upside the head like they deserve, and stay with stalking them, and that is figuring out what they want to stop you from doing, then figuring out why shortly thereafter, the solution as to how to deal with that particular Shadow Stalker will soon avail itself. Of course, coming out of the throes of this very scenario right now and still smarting, I will still have to process my urge to get up in her face and scream at her to back the f* up off my sh*t.

As a shamanette, it is encumbant upon me to learn how to become as wise as a serpant and gentle as a dove.

As for my inflamed outrage, it may take a bit more time to figure out what that's about and tame it a bit. It's a great source of comedy, so I don't want to kill it altogether.

Post subject: Re: Beware the Shadow Stalker!!
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 pm 

I very much enjoyed reading this topic. It's certainly interesting and I think you make come good points. I can't imagine there are many people who don't have these sorts of people int heir lives. Goodness knows, I had a few of my own. This is what, I realize on reading your post in here, basically started me off on my own recent path toward self reflection and the whole process of seeing my whole life in new lights.

In all honesty, I take finding this posted tonight to be somewhat of a sign that I am right to keep on going with process of understanding.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 am 

Thanks for your response. I hope you'll share some or all of that process here, it would be nice to have some company!

Yeah, so in theory, knowing that most people are shadow stalkers that's supposed to help one not to take it so personally.

But it's hard, isn't it? I know exactly what motivated that woman's behavior yesterday. I know exactly why she chose me to vent her frustrations upon, but that still didn't stop me from taking it personally.

I guess for the most part, I have that taken care of, but she took extra steps to get to me, and she succeeded. If I had the power to choose in that moment, she would not have succeeded. I want to be able to choose that all the time.

The scientologists have an interesting exercise to help one develop along these lines. So do the Buddhists.

The scientologists expose you over and over and over again, to traumatic memories until you are just no longer affected by them.

The Buddhists smack you upside the head with a book while you're in deep meditation. The adepts are cool with that.

What will take for little old me?

What techniques do you use to deal with stuff like this?

Inquiring mnds want to know. :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm 

There are secrets to living effectively, and they are kept close to the chests of the people who know them.

To that I quote the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, "Howcome everybody want to keep it like a kaiser?"

I tell you when I learn them, I'm going to give them away like a cheap ho.

But I guess that won't do any good, because the truth is, people want the glory without the power. People mistake glory for power, but it's just a reflection. Power gets things done. Some kinds of power border on magic.

It took a very long time for me to cut the apron strings and find the courage to dream and imagine and even plan. I remember when I couldn't even make a plan.

Power is in finding the ability to deal with the pain of solving problems, and getting good at solving them to minimize the pain involved, or else get to like it. Which can happen. Freud covered that very well.

Here's a new scenario for me.

Someone who was previously as cold as ice is suddenly, on the same day as the infuriating woman who looked for an excuse to obnoxiously tresspass on my property, then proceed to give me tude about a ginormous puddle that she acted as though she could not navigate, then flounced off in a huff, in the direction that was closer and definitely a much easier way around, then the way she decided to take.

Two extremes on the same day. I've learned to be wary of those who suddenly turn friendly, because I have found without fail tha they just as suddenly turn cold again. Based on the numbers, it's a safe bet that she wants something. And so another type of stalking will be learned by me.

The fact is, there will be scenarios each and every day with which people present me, and I want to be ready for them.

I'd like to know what it's like to swim before I get bored and exhausted to death continuously treading water.

I want to become swift and fleet footed at this, because I'm ready to know more about power, and by that I mean skill and competence in all the areas that count. With such a dearth of it out there, how can I lose?

I always invite discussion, but if none is engendered, this posts will go the way of blogging, and I know how that gets on people's nerves.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys