Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: Aminal that changes form
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 pm 

Hi
I am still in my first year of practice journeying. As a newbie I have been taught to avoid fish and lizards that show their teeth. On a recent journey a creature met me at the door to the lower world, and showed teeth while acting very unstable...it resembled a lizard-dog. When I asked him what he was about he turned into a dog from my childhood who had been my best friend. He then acted kind but acted as a memory (did not interact with me)

I feel that this spirit might have been joking but was hoping that a forum member might be able to offer a source that I might read more on what to avoid and look out for.

Best!

Post subject: Re: Aminal that changes form
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am 

My journeys have been rather undisciplined and freeform for most of my life. I am only now learning the disciplines and structure of shamanism... but I'd like to offer a reply and see how it compares with the more experienced folks here.

I think you may have seen a projection of part of yourself. You know to respect or fear creatures that show you teeth. Often I feel a bit of intimidation at entering... I think you may have simply seen your own hesitation or a latent fear - not a big one - as you transformed it into someone you love. Had you set clear intentions before traveling to the entrance?

—TB.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys