Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys

Post subject: A sense of danger in a journey
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:33 pm 

Hey all

I have been practicing journeying back and forth to my base camp, and all was going well, until I experienced a strong sense of danger on my last journey ... I'll explain a bit more ...

My base camp is an actual physical place that I go to alot, and when I am there, I connect very strongly to two trees.

On my second to last journey, my intention of the journey was to speak to the two trees. I journeyed with no expectation. I stood next to the 'Grandad' tree, as per ususal, and was chatting away. When suddenly he sprouted two large branches around me and gave me an enormous hug ... it was great!!! I then happily went over to my 'swaying tree' friend, and said that it wasn't possible for him to give me a hug, as he was tall, skinny and young, with no branches lower down. I said, that was ok, and I would just sit down on the tree trunk that lays on the floor next to him, and lean up against him in the usual way. I put my back against him, and said that I would sway 'him' for a change. He then sprouted two branches and wrapped them around me, and we were both laughing and playing, pushing against one another.

So ... a great journey. :lol:

The last time that I went back. I went straight to the 'swaying tree' friend and put my arms out to him. He suddenly panicked, and kind of freaked out. I backed off and said, it was ok, and went over to the 'Grandad' tree to see what was wrong. I went over and he kind of started to sprout two branches to hug me, but quickly withdrew, and kind of didn't want to know. I was also very aware of a strong sense of danger, and aware that something was very amiss. I said that I would leave and return another time. :twisted:

I do set up strong protection before I journey, so I'm not sure what to make of this last journey. Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Also, how much practicing time should a newbie be doing? Half an hour per day?

Regards, Womble

Post subject: Re: A sense of danger in a journey
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am 

The garden or middle-world journey is a direct reflection of what is going on in this reality. Take a look at your life...if there danger near of which your garden trees were warning you?
Remember to raise your energy/vibration as a form of protection indicating that your energy be raised to the highest level you can accommodate and ask your guides that nothing at or below your energy level be allowed to interact with you.
Your practice will depend on you...when you need information, journey. Always go with intention.
Shine!
Mark

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:35 pm 

Thank you Mark for your reply, it was very very helpful.

On the 'good' journey, at the time, things for me were good and my energy was high. So therefore, I guess, a 'good' journey.

On the last journey however, things were not good, and my energy was low, very low. So therefore, I guess, a 'bad' journey.

I thought at the time that this might be the case, but I wasn't sure. I guess 'going it alone' you learn along the way. I now know not to journey on bad days :(

Thanks again Mark for your input.

Best wishes, Womble.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 am 

In my experience the middle world journeys are more apt to this kind of experience than the lower world variety. As far as I understand, the implication is that the real world in general is dangerous. I have had many experiences where the the literal danger of reality becomes apparent. I don't really consider this to be a negative thing, if any real work is going to be accomplished than a deep understand and appreciation of life is necessary even if it isn't pretty. In my opinion all aspects of life must be accepted and this is true on any mystical path.

And yes you're right about not journeying in a bad mood, emotions do color journeys, particularly at first. When the act of journeying and the entities you're working with become more familiar situations like this are less common.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:50 pm 

I believe that there is always a dangerous aspect of journeying. Shamanism isn't always a fun ride on the ferris wheel. There are dark entities on the astral plane. As we develop our shamanic gifts our battles with these dark entities can somtimes become bitter fights. I don't think there's a shaman on earth that didn't have to fight evil beings at one time or another.
I recently had a dark experience. I was journeying through the root system of a tree. I started to see things that are not normally a part of my journeys. The spirits that I saw were all very sexual in nature and seemed to be trying to seduce me. I didn't understand what was going on but I sensed that something was amiss as I have never had this experience before.
I was led to a doorway and a woman opened it up. On the other side of the room were alien like beings that had some kind of manipulative control over the people of the upper world. They had some kind of hypnotic telepathic voice that seemed to paralyze me and pull me in. I instantly broke the journey.
The interpretation may be that entities can use seduction to lead people to darkness. I'm not sure if I was supposed to fight these guys or flee. I kept calling to my spirit guide and it was no where to be found. It was a scary place. I hope I never go there again.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Journeys