Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Was I chosen by the spirits?
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:05 am 

Well, for a long time I have felt my purpose was to heal, that's really the only word I could use to describe it, I felt a need to heal others and help people in a less conventional manner, although I didn't know what it was. I was considering going to a buddhism temple to learn how to become a selfless healer, until tonight I decided to look something up. When I was around 5 years old, I had a vision while in my bed, it wasn't like a dream since nothing changed, but I saw a bear enter my room and it clawed at the air in front of me. and it made me kind of fearful, but I didn't jump or anything, just layed there looking at it, then it left the room. Afterward, what appeared to be a civil war soldier? entered the room and hit a stick or something to the floor, and somehow it was funny to me, it made me laugh, then he left. What I was looking up was spirit animals trying to find out what a bear meant when I realized it meant healing and that spirit animals were related to shamanism, a healing lifestyle. Could it be possible that I was chosen, is that why I saw that vision? By the way, I am 18, have never done drugs.

Post subject: Re: Was I chosen by the spirits?
 Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 pm 

Spirit often chooses...the choice is not always accepted.
It sounds like you have a powerful ally in Bear. Meditate on Bear energy. See what it means to you. Look to your feet to ensure you are on YOUR path.
Shine!
Mark

Post subject: Re: Was I chosen by the spirits?
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 pm 

This sounds so wonderful and at 18 you have so many possibilities ahead of you. If healing is where you feel drawn, then follow that. Having good, conventional qualifications (nurse, psychiatric nurse, psychologist etc) will give you a superb foundation upon which to build a wider, respected and well rounded healing practice.

How do you feel about following your call to healing through conventional as well as alternative means?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help