Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Seeking Advice on Spiritual Vampirism Defense
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 am 

I have been involved with a particular group of spiritual individuals since 2005. Each year, we collect ourselves from across the nation and get together to work on ourselves, help each other, and supplement our internet activity with real face-to-face time.

It is common (but not required) for us to work with totem animals, spirits, etc. I have worked closely with one for quite some time.

This year, one of our younger people came face to face with a spirit she has been holding with her - which is carried as a part of this person (not external.) I ended up spending a great deal of time in close proximity to this person ontop of a mountain, and where I was spiritually vampired, for the lack of a better term. Starting slowly, with an almost sedative like effect that helps cloak the action. I was physically sick by the end of this time frame.

It is my responsibility to help this person find a way to recognize more about this, and to help her find harmony with it. It is not entirely bad, it simply is what it is.

I would like to ask for any advice on how I can mitigate or shield myself while I do what I have to do to help this person. Many thanks in advance for any advice or wisdom.

Post subject: Re: Seeking Advice on Spiritual Vampirism Defense
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 am 

Dear Arinbjorn,

What works for me is to say a prayer before I go help someone that is dealing with dark spiritual energy. I ask for my ancestors to protect me. I ask for the white light of the Archangel Michael to surround and protect me from invasion. Finally, I visualize a shield wall around my aura that is like a mirror. Any negative energies or low vibrations will reflect off of me.

Also, I would suggest for any shamans or light healers that we say a prayer similar to this every day. We are constantly being challenged in the spiritual world. Troubled people naturally seek us out for help. We always have to be prepared to deal with these kinds of energies. We cannot let low vibrations or bad energy into ourselves. Remember to help those in need without attachment.

Post subject: Re: Seeking Advice on Spiritual Vampirism Defense
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 am 

I've found the best protection for me is to stay grounded and connected to a source of Power. You can draw power from your ancestral line, the World tree, the Net of Power, the Earth, your helpers, the Lifeforce etc. I've found that when I get in contact with a spirits/energies that is somekind of "energy-suckers" that if I am connected to Power it can suck all it wants and I wont loose any of my own energy, because the Power is infinte. And it has happened that the "dark" energies become "light" when they suck the "light" through me. I'm the hollow bone as they say and can not become powerless. I find shields unessesary and also sometimes even harmfull.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help