Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Seeking a Shaman in Thailand
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm 

Hello!

I am an artist living in Brooklyn New York who works with trees and stones. I have just had the good fortune to win a round-trip plane ticket to anywhere that British Airways flies – except the Americas.
I must make my plane reservation by January 10th at the very latest. All contest winners travel to London on February 3rd and then I would depart for Thailand (if I raise the necessary money) on February 4th or 5th. I must return to the States no later than March 4th.

The goals for my trip, wherever I go, are to (a) show my artwork, (even if it's just a slide show), (b) meet study with indigenous artists (especially wood carvers), © meet and study with indigenous shamans/healers and (d) be a blessing to the people and places I encounter on my journey.

I’m seriously considering Thailand.
I speak only English, I am a woman traveling alone, I have very little money, I cannot use the ticket for anywhere in the Americas, and I want to go where it’s warm - so Thailand seemed to be one of the few options that fit my criteria.

There are shamans in Thailand who advertise on the web, but I'm skeptical – and they charge what seems to be very high prices to study with them, especially given the money exchange rate. I have no way of separating the people who pretend to be spiritual and are really in the business of ripping people off from those who are true masters -- nor do I know how to contact the “right” people.

Unfortunately at this time I have very little money and I haven't yet figured out how I am going to afford the cost of the trip itself (British Airways only supplies the plane ticket, nothing else). It’s a chance of a lifetime -- and a catch 22. I hope to do a very quick fundraising campaign – but I need to figure out where I’m going and who I’m going to study with in order to make that campaign have an impact and the trip worthwhile. I’m hoping to find someone who will take me on as an “apprentice” so that I can study with them for free.

I’ve been told to go to Chaing Mai and Pai which seem to be the areas where artists live ... But really I have no specific information.

I am open to any suggestions you may have and would greatly appreciate any connections and concrete suggestions you might offer on particular places and people I should meet if you know people in Thailand or if you know anyone who does ... Or ... I am open to traveling elsewhere as well.

With respect and appreciation for all who respond.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help