Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Please help if you can
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 pm 

Our son is 13 and a person with Autism. We were told to seek a "true Native American Indian who is also a Shaman, owns a horse or has the word horse in his name". We were told to inquire within our community, (Warren County N.J.) and Reiki communities. Our son is in need of this mentor. Our son walks with one foot here on earth & the other in the Spirit world at all times and has been given a job that carries incredible responsibility. Please let us know if anyone knows of such a person. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Please help if you can
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 am 

Thank for sharing.Information's good.
http://www.calypsohalongcruise.com Calypso Halong bay cruises best prices

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 am 

Davidversusautism wrote:
Our son is 13 and a person with Autism. We were told to seek a "true Native American Indian who is also a Shaman, owns a horse or has the word horse in his name". We were told to inquire within our community, (Warren County N.J.) and Reiki communities. Our son is in need of this mentor. Our son walks with one foot here on earth & the other in the Spirit world at all times and has been given a job that carries incredible responsibility. Please let us know if anyone knows of such a person. Thank you.

I don’t know how comfortable I am with this.
First of all, Native American Medicine People don’t call themselves Shamans…

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 am 

Please understand I am quoting what was said.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:45 am 

Most NA 1st Nation people don't consider the word shaman to have meaning to them because they don't go into trance so there is a dichotomy of meaning here. I don't know enough about where you live to know what the 1st Nation people there do or how they do it.

Autism is not very well understood but what makes you think that he has one foot in the Spirit world all the time? What does he do to make you think this?

From my own experience, autism is a VERY big scale which we are all on to some extent. For those who have trouble connecting with the world, it is more about the brain processing EVERYTHING instead of the selective processing which most of us have and which allows us to not be overwhelmed by it all. Teaching children to 'look at me' is incredibly painful and difficult, like hooking the brain up to 1000GB of data downloading in 2 seconds! Like some brainwashing techniques, it is overwhelming and impossible to avoid unless you can literally avoid eye contact. Dark glasses with a tiny hole drilled in the centre of each lens can help but not always.

When you can see the world this way, how much information is too much in today's world for an autistic child, then taking a child to the isolation of Mongolia to find connection with a horse (who makes only a few simple demands), it is easy to understand how 'The Horse Boy' starts to make sense. Of course there is a Spiritual issue at work here too but as material beings we have to look at all sides, not just the 'magic wand' ones.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm 

Thank you. We are aware of all you have pointed out. I'm not going to go into how we know, it isn't important and will not help us to find what he needs which is to learn to balance in both worlds so he can live here on earth comfortably. He needs to learn to protect himself from the things that are not so pleasant on the other side as well. I beginning to believe we won't find what he needs here however I am grateful for all that responded.
Love and Light to all,
Nancy

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help